Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took these on the way home from work.

IMGP0118_1.jpg

IMGP0121.jpg

IMGP0126.jpg

IMGP0132.jpg

Gotta love fall with all the fun shapes and colors. I think they all could stand a boost in the saturation department.

1) I like it! but wish the stem was not cut off
2) Love the sky, but the pumpkins need more pop
3&4) Kinda ho hum. Horizan right in the middle (or very close) doesn't do much for the pics. I prefer 4 to 3

Cheers

Pumpkin photography, who'd have thought it could be so rewarding. :)

As rub said the colours need some pop and a bit of contrast wouldn't hurt. The stem is an easy fix, clone off the top to make it look like it was cut lower but spend a bit of time to make it look convincing.

I'd agree with rub on the second two, they don't really hold much interest. The building in 3 looks like it could be a good subject if you were up closer though.

As stated above. A bit more saturation would do the trick on the pumpkins.

As for 3 / 4:

I like 3, however I feel the composition is out. There's too much sky. The Horizon should be a lot closer to the centre of the image, maybe even a touch over. I like the subject matter though. But same as pumpkins needs more colour and contrast.

4 , looks too much like a snapshot for me. Doesn't really look composed, and with the washed out colours, doesn't really hold my interest.

Perhaps, well, what I would have done was go down a bit to the wheat-looking-grass-stuff, and kneal down. Take a photo of the paddock with the grass stuff slightly in shot, however out of focus. Set's the scene, get's a nice vibe flowing.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but it looks like a random photo me or my wife take when we go driving down the south coast, when you point the camera out the window and take a shot. Because of the speed of the car, you can't really compose. Sometimes you get gems, but more often than not, you get photos like 4 where it looks more like a snapshot.

Sorry if that sounded, harsh, it wasn't my intention.

Thanks for the comments. Funny thing with the last 2, I was trying to make sure I didn't have the horizon in the middle, but alas there is turned out. I would have like to get closer to that barn, but that was about as close as I could get without trespassing. I took that pumpkin one (#2), and played a bit more with it, and you were right, looks better with the colors adjusted.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back