couple more from the bloody shoot...

SrBiscuit

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
or should i say failed attempt at bloody....
the blood sucks, but ive gotten some tips, and plan to use them next time around.

C&C is welcome as always.
thanks for looking.

4188745251_91c2731c67_b.jpg

4193558361_239487effb_o.jpg

Composition is good, but the first seems over exposed and the 2nd seems under exposed (but looks good that way)

thanks for replying tiny.
150+ views with no comments was making me a bit nervous (read: annoyed).

i agree with you on both points.
i was trying for a kigh-key treatment to #1 but perhaps i failed and instead it just looks poorly exposed.

thanks for taking the time to comment.

I understand the frustration from having quite a few views with no comments. I need to improve this myself and leave more comments... We all think something when we see a photo, just dont always want to exert the energy to type it out.

#1. I see you went high key, and I see how it could work perfectly with this shot, but my only complaint is the bleeding over on the hair and shoulder. The dark hair is good contrast to the light, but I would rather see it stay dark and not fade to brown/gray. The same with the shoulder, strap, and blood dripping down the shoulder, it would be cool to see that as vividly red as possible.
Good composition!

I like it, the underexposure works more so then an over exposure to me because it's dark, shadowy, and creepy. Over exposure would work when geard more towards an insane asylum feel (when nailed).
I like the expression and the color of the blood....

:thumbup:

I think that part of the reason you are getting so few responses is because the photos have the same problems as the first set you showed. There is certain lack of realism. How does one manage to chop up someone and get blood everywhere but on their face and hair...

#1 I just don't get this one. What is the white area on the left side? What is the light shape in her hair (top of the image)? What is the thing in front of her right eye?

#2 is much better but, again, why is there no blood on her face and in her hair? And, another possible problem (not too sure about this one), is that taken by itself, away from the series we've seen, what is the story here?

The idea is interesting but you need to work on it. Until you have, why post more? Know what I'm saying?

yeah...i get what youre saying guys. you make very valid points. these were just another 2 from the same shoot that i thought turned out ok.
i agree with all points made on these shots. the blood SHOULD have been thrown around...everywhere.

the object to the left in the first shot is an oven...a friend of mine told me that it wasnt obvious, and i agree. the story went that she finally got the victim in the oven, and she was leaning against it..just in case it had some fight in it ;)

but as i said...all critiques are correct, and have been noted. thank you guys for stopping by and commenting.

i hope i didnt come of like a ***** saying that i was annoyed for no comments...it's just that i try to give C&C on as many images as time allows, and although there are a lot of things wrong with these shots, the shoot itself took lots of time, and the editing did as well. im not looking for ego strokes...im looking for exactly what you guys gave me. honest C&C. now i have a list of things i need to be wary of for the next shoot(s). this girl is super consistent, and really likes my ideas and shooting with me, so i want each shoot we do to show improvement.

sorry for the tangent. guess i was feeling extra sensitive. lol.
hold me.

again...thanks for the comments and critiques. :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back