Couple of Black and Whites.

bnz506

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Jews waiting for the Bus...
usethisms3.jpg

Sleepy time...
People sleeping on the train shots have been done to death but what the heck the opportunity presented itself so I took it.
sleepingtrainff8.jpg

pretty good shots...I like them. BTW, the title, "Jews waiting for the bus," was pretty funny!

There isnt a MTA bus stop there but there is a bus that I see picking up jewish people there all the time.

If you notice there in the first picture "AJs ****eria", IMO the 2nd best pizzaria in Brooklyn.

While you might think that People on the Train shots have been taken "to death", I remember how much I shook and feared they might get mad at me when I took some on the NY underground! And my husband gave me the foulest of looks for the very fact I took those shots (he wasn't even in them!). So I still think the experience is thrilling and the outcome will always be different. Not one can be like the other.

That said I actually just mean to say: I like that photo!

As well as the first: did you set up your tripod and still get this taken unchallenged and actually all uncared for by the three persons waiting for their bus? For this is a NIGHT shot, so it must have been a long exposure, none to take handheld!

Thank you very much, I do appreciate your comments Lafoto and yours as well AUZ. Ive been busy these past couple of weeks writing a paper (except Wednesday night when I went to the Yankees game YAY!!!) so I couldnt look around this forum as much as I would have liked. (I get a lot of inspiration from here and Flickr)

For that first shot if you will notice its actually very soft. I took the shot handheld quickly before they noticed. I had the ISO at 800 from riding on the trains and it still was a tough shot (I am getting better at shooting on the move though).

Im pretty sure many of the Jewish people in my neighborhood would object to me taking their pictures which is why I had to take it quick.

Ive walk by this scene every morning while heading to the train station and I seem them standing by this pole and Ive wanted to take the shot every time there is just too many people during the day.

I want to take this shot again during the day (when I get brave) so it isnt so soft and hopefully I can get the composition more to my liking. I originally wanted to zoom in more and frame it a little past the pole to the right and before the public telephone (when there is only one person standing there of course).

Thank you again, next week is when my paper is due then I will have a huge load off my shoulders so I can explore TPF. (Exams dont worry be because even when I dont study I still get "B+" "A-s").

Most reactions

New Topics

Back