couple of pics, c&c please!

AndyH

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It's been raining the last couple of days and I am running out of ideas of things to photograph. It's pretty bad when I start playing with a slug to try and get it to pose! lol. Are these pics any good?

slug.jpg

flower.jpg

The slug just doesnt do much for me. hehe. They are ugly creatures.
I like the pic of the moth on the flower and the water droplets on the flower. But it looks a tad out of focus.

C&C per req:

1. Nicely exposed image, but DoF is a little shallow; his right side is slightly soft.

2. Good composition, but again, the focus is lacking and the whole image seems slightly soft. Remember in macro/close-up work DoF is often measured in millimeters rather than inches or feet.

A common error with macro work is attemtping to get too close; you're almost always better off to step back a little, get more of the image in focus, and then crop to fit the final work.

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.

~John

Cool, what f stop should I use when doing macro? I had the camera in aperture priority mode and set to f/2.7. My camera will go up to f/8. I guess I am confused about what kind of DOF I need. thanks!

That slug is freakin' cool. Do you live on the west coast? My parents in Oregon tell me the slugs have to be watched or they'll carry off the family dog. :lol:

Anyway, aside from that I agree with tired. (hi tired!)

I bet you could help that slug image with a sharpening pass.

yeah I think he liked me taking his pic! I live in East TN

That slug is freaking awesome, but, as pointed out before, his right eye is out of focus, which looks weird because it's the closer one.

hehe, i like that slug picture, it looks good.
The way the lines are going from the bottom left and going diagonally up draws your eye to the slugs left eye which is more in focus. Well, in my opinion lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back