couple of questions!

vlmason8199

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am very new into the photography world so I am still trying to get things figured out! I have a couple of questions so any help woud be appreciated.

1) I have a NIkon D5000 and just purchased a Vivitar DF-383 external flash. I cannot get the light meter on on the flash to work. I am able to change the mode but that is all I get. No matter what settings I use on my camera, nothing happens on my flash. What am I doing wrong?

2) I have photoshop CS5. I have not used it yet but I know there are many different versions. Is the version I have a good version or not?

The off brand flash is most likely not fully integratable with the camera. Read the manual for those that are. Many are not integratable.

CS5 is probably far more than you will ever need. If anything it may give you fits trying to learn if you don't have a minimalist mentality. In other words don't try to learn the whole thing just learn what you discover that you need. i.e. Do you study and know everything there is to know about car tires or do you just learn what the shop offers and make a decision on the 3 or 4 options when you need tires.

Adobe Photoshop wiki

Adobe Photoshop - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The flash has a light meter? Put it in TTL mode and allow your camera to meter.

CS5 is the newest version. If you dream it, you can do it with CS5 (and earlier). There's a huge learning curve with Photoshop. I've been using it a long time but can barely get out of my own way with it.

Most reactions

Back