couple of self-portraits

shanstar

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
these aren't all artsy or anything.. but it's me.

DSCN0715.jpg

DSCN0716.jpg

my teeny apartment.

The first one really is very nice, especially with the face tilted to the left, looking to the right with the space on the right and the bold shapes, and nicely exposed eyes. It may also be nice in b&w. The second one is a bit more confused, and would be better with more social realism in it if you were willing to take it that way. The first is definatly my fave. I would like the second one more in a seriese i think,

tim

I think you are very attractive which would make photographing you pretty easy.

I like the first one, too. The second one I looked at before reading anything you typed and I thought to myself, "hey, that looks like one of those small NY apartments you see in the movies"

Nice job,
Mike V

I love your walls!!!! My old apartment had bright yellow walls and a red floor and accents. I miss vibrant colored walls. Your apartment does look cozy. Do you have to share bathroom or kitchen facilities with your floor? That would be the deal breaker for me.

Also, I agree with tpe on the second shot. It would be nice to see it as part of a larger series. (Though on second thought, maybe that's just a guy's way of saying he wants to see more of a lady?? and in that case, I wouldn't know anything about it.:lol:)

Wow, your eyes are just beautiful.

Attractiveness aside, ;) the first one needs to either be centered or cropped, IMO. There is nothing worthy of my attention in the right side of the frame. It just takes focus away from your pretty face. (god help me if my wife reads this...)
shanstar1.jpg

The second one is kind of cluttered, but I think it is a good environmental portrait. It says something about you and your lifestyle.

Attractiveness aside, ;) the first one needs to either be centered or cropped, IMO. There is nothing worthy of my attention in the right side of the frame. It just takes focus away from your pretty face. (god help me if my wife reads this...)

I cant say i agree with you there, the thing that made this interesting was that it went away from the traditional placement in the portrait, and it worked because of the unusual way the eyes pointed in the other direction to the face, it is a shame to make it like other portraits by numbers. I asay keep it as it is.

tim

I felt inclined to crop it like this as well :) Only I always felt the need to pop the color! Have fun with is! It's got great color. I was tempted to pop your eyes too, but I decided not to :) Here I just ran an action and sharpened for the web.

havefuncf3.jpg

You're adorable! :)

And again.. besides subject matter, I'm liking the "pop" color version since for me it enhances the "style"

Nice job on the self ports :)

Really? I think the b/w looks ordinary. For a young, hip girl, I think the color pop works really well.

Wow! I love what you guys did with the picture. Both of them look great. I'm sort of leaning towards the color one.. but I'm still not sure.

No, I don't have to share a bathroom with anyone, or a kitchen (well, besides my boyfriend :p). The apartment is off of a larger house, where I work.

Most reactions

Back