Couple photo C&C please

mommyphotog

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this photo for a friend at a local little airport. Wondering about the composition and how to get rid of those deep, dark lines under her eyes.
Thanks for looking

Untitled by bettylou0329, on Flickr

photo is a fine snapshot but get a better watermark.

Yeah, My watermark sucks. I don't really know how to make a nice one.

I think it is a cute pic for a snapshot :)

Hi,

I did some quick work on the photo for you. Nothing major, just work on the undereye shadow. That bruise looking shadow on the lady's right side was also removed:

Here is the original again, just for compairison sake
6211215696_6b2abe1a6f.jpg

Here is the retouch:
6211215696_6b2abe1a6f2.jpg

Basically, just select the shadow areas around the eyes using the patch tool.(I included the crows feet). Pull the selection to the forehead. But you can't leave it like that because it now looks completely crazy. :) After you pull the selection to the forehead DO NOT DO ANYTHING ELSE before you go to "Edit"/"Fade Patch Tool". Lower the opacity to a believable rate.

That is the first step. To further bring down the shadow, open your clone tool, and switch the mode to "lighten". Use about 12 percent opacity, and gently paint in the lightening.

Viola! Done in 20 seconds or less.

I took this photo for a friend at a local little airport. Wondering about the composition and how to get rid of those deep, dark lines under her eyes.
Thanks for looking

You get rid of those lines by correctly using light to shoot the photo.

The deep dark lines are shadows. Both of them have dark eye sockets (raccoon eyes) and he also has dark shadows under his eyes.
It looks like it was an overcast and the clouds become a huge main light that is essentially directly overhead regardless where the Sun acctually is.
Light applied from diredtly overhead is a bad angle.

So the solution is to use fill light. Fill light can be froma reflector or from a flash unit. On an overcast day a reflector doesn't work vey well unless you have a really big reflector, so flash is usually the best answer.

By definition fill light is on, or very close to, the lens axis.

You could have used thw pop up flash unit on your camera. Most DSLR's put the built-in flash in manual mode and you can use less than full power so the light from the flash isn't as harsh. You would only want to use enough flash power to fill those deep, dark shadows and raccoon eyes.

KmH said:
You get rid of those lines by correctly using light to shoot the photo.

The deep dark lines are shadows. Both of them have dark eye sockets (raccoon eyes) and he also has dark shadows under his eyes.
It looks like it was an overcast and the clouds become a huge main light that is essentially directly overhead regardless where the Sun acctually is.
Light applied from diredtly overhead is a bad angle.

So the solution is to use fill light. Fill light can be froma reflector or from a flash unit. On an overcast day a reflector doesn't work vey well unless you have a really big reflector, so flash is usually the best answer.

By definition fill light is on, or very close to, the lens axis.

You could have used thw pop up flash unit on your camera. Most DSLR's put the built-in flash in manual mode and you can use less than full power so the light from the flash isn't as harsh. You would only want to use enough flash power to fill those deep, dark shadows and raccoon eyes.

^ that

I also agree with the water mark comment it's kind of tacky looking. Google how to make a water mark and you will find some great tutorials on how to make a better looking one. It's not a bad snap shot, only other thing I noticed is the positioning of her left hand looks odd and like it's coming out of nowhere.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back