shaunly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
4789139287_78f877284b_b.jpg

4789139359_19e8d7cdb9_z.jpg

Thanks

#1 looks uncomfortable. The pose and the image are not working for me. Correct the WB and add a little more contrast (just a touch).

#2 I love the background but she is blown out in spots (tip of nose, parts of hair, and forehead). You have her dead center in the shot... Try moving her right or left andturning her a bit to put her in a more feminine pose.

#1 looks uncomfortable. The pose and the image are not working for me. Correct the WB and add a little more contrast (just a touch).

#2 I love the background but she is blown out in spots (tip of nose, parts of hair, and forehead). You have her dead center in the shot... Try moving her right or left andturning her a bit to put her in a more feminine pose.

#1, Oh, this wasn't any kind of a photo shoot. She just jumped behind the flower and I took a shot, but yea i totally agree with the awkward pose. It does look a little too green. I'll give it try.

#2, Yea, I think I got too happy with the contrast. Ill try re-cropping it too.

Thanks!

#1- more of her, less of everything else. you also lost half of her to behind the flowers

#2- she blends in with the background

#2, I mostly like it, but while I really like the bokeh, it pulls my attention more to the bokeh than the girl in front.

Also, the shirt she's wearing makes me dizzy. That's something to consider as well (though, you did mention this was just a spur-of-the-moment type deal).

I don't like #1.

#1 bit of a strange pose, lovely smile though
#2 the pose makes her look wide round the waist which i'm sure she is not

#1 nothing much to praise other than her smile.
#2 at first look I thought it was Photoshopped, as if she was just put in there. it will look better if its in landscape rather than cropping it almost a square.
thumbs up on the bokeh background! :thumbup:

Number two has some errors, but it is still a show stopper. The pic rules, better than alot I see on here. Just work on those small things and it would be better, but regardless if you changed it or not, the picture is really good.

There are alot of good pictures that are posted on here that do not get the praise they deserve because alot of these people on this forum think there the hottest **** to hit photography. So do not get discouraged. Keep up the good work.

Number two has some errors, but it is still a show stopper. The pic rules, better than alot I see on here. Just work on those small things and it would be better, but regardless if you changed it or not, the picture is really good.

There are alot of good pictures that are posted on here that do not get the praise they deserve because alot of these people on this forum think there the hottest **** to hit photography. So do not get discouraged. Keep up the good work.

Thanks Ilovelearning! I'm not discouraged at all, these are all very useful tips that I'll try to keep in mind next time I shoot. Portraits isn't really my strong area of shooting.

what lens were you using to get that bokeh

Nikkor 50mm f1.4 .... I had to bump the ISO to about 4000 I think to get the background light up like that. Good thing the D700 is great for that =P

On number 2 i had a hard time figuring out that there was a wall there, i thought she was in an akward pose, but then i saw the wall..

not sure, maybe its just me

Most reactions

New Topics

Back