Couple's Shoot

Revan46

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.seanprevil.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone. So I hope my shoots show some more interesting aspects to them. Would still love to hear what people think.

This one I was wanting it to look relaxed and just them holding one another. At the same time, I think I would've liked her a little closer to him but I think the arms around each other still kind of looked nice.

IMG_0083logo by Sean Previl, on Flickr
This shot was taken with my kit lens at 33mm, f/4.5 and 1/400 shutter speed. I also darkened the blacks while lightening up the whites so his shirt was white enough while at the same time her hair was dark enough.

This second shot I wanted to showcase her. I had her look over his shoulder and changed my metering to focus on the eye (though I don't know if it worked 100 per cent perfectly but still). What I like most though is his shirt back is blurred enough that the logo doesn't draw the eye as much as her eyes. I think all I might have done is worked a little more on my spot focus so that his head also was a little more blurred so it REALLY stood her out. Any tips on how to change this would be helpful :).

IMG_0101 by Sean Previl, on Flickr
This shot was me using my 50mm lens, f/2.8, 1/400 shutter speed.

This shot I'll admit might be the slightly generic hand holding shot. I had originally wanted the sun to be behind it either creating a silhouette hand hold OR a slight silhouette while still highlighting the hands. I still went with this as my friend liked how it turned out. It turned out well enough though. I went with this one more because I didn't like how the arms looked in a similar shot I did in front of the river. I would've liked the bike path not there but like I said, I prefer this to the river shot. I can post it if anyone wishes but here's the shot:

IMG_0120logo by Sean Previl, on Flickr
This was shot with 50mm, f/5.6, 1/125 shutter.

While this might be similar to shots I've shown before, I like how this works because it really shows the love and bonus, no heads cut off!

IMG_0162logo by Sean Previl, on Flickr

50mm, f/2.8, 1/500 shutter.

This one was a different sort of picture. I wanted him holding her hands but I wanted them on the ground. I think what could have added to this was the sun in the background just creating a beautiful shine, but I think it still looks nice.

IMG_0197logo by Sean Previl, on Flickr
50mm, f/2.8, 1/640 shutter.

I'll admit I used the 50 a lot again but it worked out quite nice. There are a few other shots I did with my telephoto and my kit lens, but I stayed away from the 40mm because as suggested before, a possible issue that could arise is the distortion of faces if I had too small an aperture.

I hope everyone likes and I appreciate your suggestions. :)

Exposures seem decent, composition could use some refinement; cropped arm in #1, head & ear right on frame edge #2 (and rather messy background), horizon cutting right through head in the last two. Overall, not bad; you've got the basics, now start refining and paying attention to the details.

Ok. And I see what you mean, unfortunately where she wanted to shoot...well I couldn't just get a plain shoot. At the riverfront there's so much in the background and you're either going to get the Detroit skyline, or the roads and buildings of Windsor...I probably would've had a more plain area had I been at say a beach for example. Glad it looks better than the other shots last time.

The skyline is fine for a background, just don't have it running across the top of his head, that's all.

True. I think it was cause of a photo I had seen they were clearly laying down :S I guess though it's also about where you're doing the shoot. Thanks for the tips though.

Any other thoughts about the photos? I appreciate your thoughts tirediron, I just want to get more opinions too. :)

He seems to have hit the nail on the head.

If you're shooting outdoors you could think about changing your vantage point, your feet aren't glued to the ground! LOL maybe not you but I see photos where I think people forget they can move and then reframe the shot. If what's in your viewfinder isn't quite what you want, you can move around and change it.

You could change the angle and for example get that stripe the sidewalk creates out of there altogether. Or have them move forward or wherever will get them positioned so that isn't running thru your photos. Move yourself to move the horizon line where you want it to be.

Most reactions

Back