Covering a DSLR

jonathon94

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I want to start taking photos in the rain and since I have a non weather sealed DSLR, I was wondering what is the best way of protecting both the camera and the lens. I tried using a jacket once and I found that it was either too hard to adjust the settings, or the jacket covered the lens. I'm also hoping to find something for less then $30 hopefully.

I've heard about this radical new invention called an umbrella, apparently its pretty good at keeping things dry in the rain.

I've heard about this radical new invention called an umbrella, apparently its pretty good at keeping things dry in the rain.
lol unless you need to use two hands for any reason. It was a consideration though :)

I use the rainsleeves through football season. Love them!

lol unless you need to use two hands for any reason. It was a consideration though :)

Plenty of ways around that

201104152011.jpg

Hat-Umbrella.jpg

Creative-Convenient-Umbrella-Designs-16.jpg

51AV-wQNPaL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Or just hold the umbrella and the camera at the same time, thats what I do.

Plenty of ways around that

201104152011.jpg

Hat-Umbrella.jpg

Creative-Convenient-Umbrella-Designs-16.jpg

51AV-wQNPaL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Or just hold the umbrella and the camera at the same time, thats what I do.

Option One Involves a whole new bag for no reason
Option Two Doesn't help the camera much does it?
Option Three has so many issues with it.
Option 4 is a possibility

Or just hold the umbrella and the camera at the same time
And if you have to adjust camera settings, it becomes a bit awkward doesn't it?

Most reactions

Back