coyote or fox ?

ocular

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Is
coyote2am.jpg
this a coyote ? The light is from my sb600 mounted on my camera, and I didn't have time to do much because two of them were after my little dog, and I was out in the middle of no where.

Last edited:
COYOTE with out a doubt~~ I have a family of them living out in the Cane fields by my house.... Hear them every night and it starting to sound like they have some pups.

I would not get to close and I hope you had a 400mm to get that shot! They can get pretty nasty! I have seen what is left of some cats and 1 sheep that got out of a mans field down the road!\

But I do think they will just run if they see you! I have only heard them and never really seen them... once or twice as a glance before they were gone!

The farmer said they never let you get close and not really interested in him!

ah ok.. Yeh it got real close actually like within 5 feet, and s/he started growling while it's partner far away just barked and watched. Lucky I had an umbrella, which scared the heck out of it.

Don't do this. They're great vermin control. You will not have any type of rodents around with a family of coyote around.

If you have small animals, make sure they're secured at night and there shouldn't be a problem.

That's a coyote alright. As far as coyotes being good for vermin control...in urban areas they prey heavily on domestic cats and dogs left out overnight. Coyotes are also very good night predators,and the urban ones are very fond of prowling back yards for pets. Where I live, they have become a common sight,right in town,and beside the interstate freeways, not just in rural or semi-rural areas.

Coyotes love to kill and eat cats. And dogs.

I dont believe foxes actually bark... stay clear of them...

Most reactions

Back