Photos OK to edit
via Canonrumors.com:

Unsurpassed Image Quality
22.3 Megapixel Full Frame CMOS sensor
DiG!C 5+ Image Processor
ISO 100-25600 (expandable to L:50 H1:51200, H2: 102400
Full HD Movie (ISO 100-12800 (H:25600)
High Performance Operation
61-point high-density reticular AF (up to 41 crosstype points)
6.0 fps for high continuous shooting
Intelligent viewfinder with approx. 100% coverage
3.2-type, approx.1.04m dot (3:2 wide) Clear View LCD II
iFCL metering with 63-zone dual-layer sensor
Shutter durability of 150,000 cycles
High end features
Silent & low vibration modes
Dual card slots (CF & SD)
High Dynamic Range (HDR) Mode
Multiple Exposures
Comparative Playback function
Improved durability & water and dust resistance
SPECIFICATIONS
Available Colours – Black
Megapixels – 22MP
Sensor Size – 36 x 24mm
ISO/Sensitivity – 100 – 25600
Autofocus Points – 61 points
Lens Mount – Canon
LCD Size – 3.2″
Liveview – Yes
Viewfinder – Optical TTL
Min Shutter Speed – 30 sec
Max Shutter Speed – 1/8000 sec
Continuous Shooting Speed – 6 fps
Self Timer – 10 sec, 2 sec
Metering – Centre-weighted, Spot, Evaluative, Partial
Video Resolution – Full HD 1080
Memory Type – Compact Flash
Connectivity – USB 2, HDMI, Mic Input, Wireless (optional)
Battery – LP-E6
Battery Type – Lithium-ion
Charger – Includes Li-Ion Charger
File Formats – AVI, RAW, H.264, MOV, MPEG-4
Dimensions – 152 x 116 x 76mm
Box Contents – Battery Pack LP-E6 .. Battery Charger LC-E6 .. AV Cable AVC-DC400ST .. Interface Cable IFC-200U .. Eyecup Eg .. Wide Strap EWEOS5DMKIII .. CR1616 Lithium Battery+
5D Mark III Front

5D Mark III Back

thoughts??

My thoughts are that there's going to be a new thread started every time Canon Rumors speculates about something, until they actually get some concrete evidence about the 5D3.

Just like people were posting daily about the D800 before it was released....

Last edited:
My thoughts are that there's going to be a new thread started every time Canon Rumors actually gets some concrete evidence about the 5D3.

Annnnnddd, your point is that threads should not be started when Canon Rumors gets concrete evidence about the 5D3??:lol:

Looking good, really good. Loving the 61-point AF.

My thoughts are that there's going to be a new thread started every time Canon Rumors actually gets some concrete evidence about the 5D3.

Annnnnddd, your point is that threads should not be started when Canon Rumors gets concrete evidence about the 5D3??:lol:

I left a part of a sentence out. It's all speculation is what I'm saying until Canon actually releases info.

I'd venture to guess that this is really very accurate seeing how it announces tomorrow.
And if that's the true specs? I am in. I am done with my 1d3 and 5d2 and sticking to the 5d3 and my 7D.
I am very pleased with the way Canon went on this-and I was the biggest skeptic after listening to the rumors earlier!

Hmmm....what to replace my busted D700 with...

5D3 with awesomesauce resolution, AF, framerate, and High ISO?
or
D800 with awesomesauce resolution?

I might actually switch....

I left a part of a sentence out. It's all speculation is what I'm saying until Canon actually releases info.

True true! It didn't make a lot of sense to me as worded, but you're right. It wasn't [cr 3] to be treated as fact, but hopefully this list has some truth to it.

Now to find the 3.5k... :p

Hmmm....what to replace my busted D700 with...

5D3 with awesomesauce resolution, AF, framerate, and High ISO?
or
D800 with awesomesauce resolution?

I might actually switch....

I was surprised at the specs on this over the D800. Canon has been lagging for a while and the early on specs for the 5d3 were NOT impressive in the least. I had been muttering about changing a LOT lately!
I am really curious to see the high ISO head to head on the two. The 5d3 looks like it'll have better capability, but I am wondering what the difference in MP will show too.
Shall we lay bets on how they compare? At least as far as they can compare seeing how the D800 doesn't go past 25600-which is expanded for that one.

You can't take pictures with a camera that you do not have in your hands.

You can't take pictures with a camera that you do not have in your hands.

It is basically fact this camera is going to be announced tomorrow, so I don't see the point of this response.

Most reactions

Back