Crazy kids! C&C

deebert

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So here is my 2nd C&C post. Since my first one I have read and started implementing "Understanding Exposure" and learned a lot more about certain functions of my camera. I'm looking for any thoughts regarding lighting, post processing, posing, technique etc. These were my friend's kids and the shoot was done for free.

#1 - I realize it would look better if the little girl was closer to her brothers but she would scream if one of them touched her hair...my photoshop skills aren't quite up to moving her closer yet!
Sonnenberg-38.jpg

Sonnenberg32of37.jpg

Sonnenberg26of37.jpg

Sonnenberg12of37.jpg

Sonnenberg10of37.jpg

This was the first group of kids this age that I've worked with (4,6, and 8) and it was sure a challenge trying to get everyone to cooperate!

Very cute! The first one is VERY COOL! Compare skin in 1 and 6....
#4 #2 are dark and could use a curves boost. Try to not center the childs face. Use rule of thirds makes for a WAY BETTER portrait.
I love the comp on the little girl! (2 and 3) Great use of rule of thirds here. Her eyes are not centered! LOVE IT!

Yup, it is ok to play :)

On #5 I didn't want to chop off the top of his head, so I just ignored the rule of 3rds.

I will have to go back and lighten them up - that looks much better! I played with them in lightroom quite a bit but after awhile I guess my eyes just decided they looked right - now I can see that I should continue working with them.

I don't really like the composition of #1. It's just preference. Other than that I think these are some of the strongest photo's I've seen for someone that is only posting their second CC.

Yep great shots. I like what you did with they eyes. Just curious as to how the colored version or #2 looked?
Boomers lightening definately helps them out even more!

Blake - thank you, that means a lot!

Willis, here is the basic jpg that was saved when I shoot RAW:

DSC_3588.jpg

And I didn't really do much with their eyes separate from what I did to the overall pictures - these kids have amazing blue/gray eyes that turned out beautiful on their own!

I would love to get a new monitor to be sure that I'm seeing the colors I'm supposed to - this one is old, bought it used and has a dead pixel...it is the kind that looks different from every angle so it is hard to tell what colors/tones are true!

Thank you all for the C&C!

Well you sure are off to a good start!:thumbup:

Cool, Definately like how you cropped #2.
I figured you had done some dodging and burning on the eyes.

Cool, Definately like how you cropped #2.
I figured you had done some dodging and burning on the eyes.

I did a little, but not much! I tried doing the lightroom "iris enhance" which made them too light, if that is an indication.

I too think #2 is the strongest of the photos. And, I think that since you have converted it to black and white, it's now a photo that could just as well have been shoot in the 1950's as in the 2010's.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back