Crazy new film colorization technology!

Peeb

Semi-automatic Mediocrity Generator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Shot a roll of Kodak 400 T-Max tru my Nikkormat FT3. I have a bad habit of forgetting what film camera I was shooting, so I've developed the habit of adding one 'selfie' of the camera to the roll so I can keep things straight.

I took that shot and ran it thru an app I picked up called Pixbim Color Surprise AI. Amazingly, it guessed that the hat I was wearing was orange- crazy! Most all of the colors it selected were pretty legit.
000461860019_DxO-color-900.jpg

PS- the mask was NOT pink (software missed that), and even tho I wrote the reminder as Tri-X on the mask, it was actually T-Max. Guess I had a flashback.

Last edited:
That is impressive.

Yeah, this is neat. Seems fun to play around with.

Downloading it now to give it a try

I thought it was pretty cool and decently accurate. Not really sure what I would do with this other then be curious and toss in random photos.

Capture3.JPG

For the average person I guess this is OK but as a pro-retouch artist not so much.

For the average person I guess this is OK but as a pro-retouch artist not so much.
No doubt- but it's a lot of fun for us amateurs. I see that photoshop has a beta version of colorize under 'neutral filter' as well.

Agreed - for adding simple color and letting the software make a decent guess, it looks pretty neat! But I'm a hands-on, photo hand coloring artist, with photo oils and pencils and such - so I have a different approach. :lol:

Most reactions

Back