What's new

Crazy night + ethics question

Thanks for your concern. I did stay firmly inside the car at all times, though.
 
Tony S, I haven't looked in the "meetup" portion of the forum, so maybe it had already been done, but there are several of us pacific northwesters. It would be fun to do a gathering. Just may be difficult to find a time.

On a side note, have you been to Ocean Shore? My parents are coming for a visit, so we're spending a day there. Any suggestions of easy things to do/see around there?
 
What do you do about the hundreds of people being able to read (and record) your license plate number when you drive your car around?
 
Uh...good point :) I can't really give a good answer as to why I blurred it. My gut just said I should :) And I'm usually not paranoid about privacy...
 
What do you do about the hundreds of people being able to read (and record) your license plate number when you drive your car around?

I always blur my plate, too. When I was active on the BMW forums, it was what everyone did in the interest of privacy. I guess in case you flame someone so badly they decide to go postal on you or something. Hehe.. o__o
 
The images are fine...As a documentation, photographers need take such photographs; but the question of ethics really come into play only if the situation demanded your involvement in the incidence to extend a help of hand or to do some thing to save a life or to protect some property where instead you opted to go for some classic image of the situation...here i don't thing any such things are involved
Regards :D
 
Thanks for all the input. I guess in the future I'll remember two key things: stay out of the way and help if you can. There was definitely nothing I could have done to help. I guess I just wonder how I would feel if my house was burning and I saw people standing around taking pictures. However, I suppose I can feel a bit better because one news station did use my picture. I received credit, but unfortunately it was "Courtesy of" and so I wasn't paid :) I kinda figured it was fair game because I posted my lightning picture on their facebook page where people submit "viewer photos." I actually messaged on facebook the picture of the fire since I wasn't sure it would be appropriate to post on the facebook page. I suppose they took that as meaning it was free to use. Funnily enough, I received a message back asking where it was and when I took it. Apparently the news station knew nothing of the fire at the time.

Brush fire near Selah destroys 1 home, threatens others | Local & Regional | KIMA CBS 29 - News, Weather and Sports - Yakima, WA

Edit: I apparently also made the front page on their website: http://www.kimatv.com/
 
Last edited:
Thanks for all the input. I guess in the future I'll remember two key things: stay out of the way and help if you can. There was definitely nothing I could have done to help. I guess I just wonder how I would feel if my house was burning and I saw people standing around taking pictures. However, I suppose I can feel a bit better because one news station did use my picture. I received credit, but unfortunately it was "Courtesy of" and so I wasn't paid :) I kinda figured it was fair game because I posted my lightning picture on their facebook page where people submit "viewer photos." I actually messaged on facebook the picture of the fire since I wasn't sure it would be appropriate to post on the facebook page. I suppose they took that as meaning it was free to use. Funnily enough, I received a message back asking where it was and when I took it. Apparently the news station knew nothing of the fire at the time.

Brush fire near Selah destroys 1 home, threatens others | Local & Regional | KIMA CBS 29 - News, Weather and Sports - Yakima, WA

Edit: I apparently also made the front page on their website: KIMA CBS 29 - News, Weather and Sports - Yakima, WA

That's sad news about the fire loss. But..

Congratulations on the use of your photo with credit on their front page!!! That's pretty dang awesome! :wav:
 
I shot pictures of a fire at a business one time and later the owner after rebuilding bought a group of 8x10's to hang inside to show what they had gone through. He was glad someone had documented what happened during the fire.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom