Creative picture ideas

Wow, I really needed to attend a different school. My art program didn't do any of that sort of thing. They left you to sink or swim when it came to taking pictures. To be completely honest it didn't teach much about photography at all.. I guess that is the price you pay when you attend the local community college for a photography degree...:confused:

To tell you the truth when i need some creative help i take a nap. It seems a good rest really helps.

Or anything relaxing seems to relax my mind then things just come to me...

I usually begin pulling out old photography books (and even texts) to get ideas when I decide it is time to try something different. Sometimes a trip to a good bookstore (or library) can provide ideas.

Hmm.. these are really helpful. I just need to get that creative spark back into my photography and painting.
I don't know maybe after the whole "holiday" thing is over with and everything is calmed down. My stress level will go down and I just might get some good ideas!:banghead: :er:

:blushing:No no no, thats not what i meant.. Wow I am just saying everything wrong today...
I meant when I am less stressed out I will be able to utilize some of these ideas and make some good photos and paintings...

My bad! I really didn't mean to make it sound like these were not good ideas.:oops:

This is a double exposure that I did in the dark room...
One of those happy accidents!
jumpingintoimagination.jpg

Woah! Cool shot/s

Caption: Sometimes you just feel like everything is going down the drain.

:thumbup:

Woah! Cool shot/s

Caption: Sometimes you just feel like everything is going down the drain.

:thumbup:

Hey thanks! That shot was seriously a happy accident!!!

And that caption is sooo for me today! lol

I don't know but I was thinking of doing something with tie-dye shirts or cloths the the background for some still-life shots, more interesting than white or black.

Or trying taking picture that would look good as album art, that is what I do usually when I am stuck.
OR I take a random subject and try to make it look good, cool, interesting......like a light switch or something

try taking shots out of focus for an impressionist element.......... ;)

An impressionist element? What do you mean? Are you talking about taking pictures like Monet would paint?

Coldow91Or trying taking picture that would look good as album art, that is what I do usually when I am stuck.
OR I take a random subject and try to make it look good, cool, interesting......like a light switch or something Today 12:43 AM

And what do you mean as album art? Are you talking about like scrapbook stuff???

I once saw a guys website that he made a challenge for himself of finding letters of the alphabet in ordinary objects, and then he would photograph them. Pretty cool, and it keeps one sharp and on their toes.

I mean like take picture that would/could be on the cover of a CD or Record. You can even go as far as pick out a band to try and take a picture for their album art.

Stay up really late, drink a lot of coffee, then try to go to sleep. Somewhere around 4:30-5:30 AM you get full of creative ideas. A lot of my best photos and the vast majority of my writing comes in that state.

simply put the camera down, stop trying, and just go for a walk around town and look.

"it is better to think than to do, better to feel then to think, but best of all simply to look" - Goethe

Most reactions

Back