What's new

Crepuscular Rays

480sparky45 44

Chief Free Electron Relocator
Joined
Mar 8, 2011
Messages
25,394
Reaction score
9,148
Location
Iowa
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Driving home this evening, I noticed some beautiful sunlight streaming through the clouds. So I stopped along a backroad and snapped this:

Springplantingpost.jpg


Unfortunately, they didn't show up as well as I hoped, no matter what I did during pp. Any ideas of what I could have done to get them to show up more?
 
That has some awesome potential with some more post. I think a curve adjustment in LR or PS could help. I'd pull the highlights brighter and add contrast between the shadows and mid tones.
 
I've tried dinking around with the curves. I tried HDR and ended up with a purple sky. Maybe they just didn't record in the RAW the way I saw it.
 
Maybe try to duplicate the background layer and blend as multiply, and then use a mask to bring back light to the foreground and the parts of the sky you want.
 
heck, I learned a new word today! Crepuscular rays, very cool.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom