Crew

explody pup

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
20071011194409_crew.jpg

Any comments welcome. Thanks for looking.

I kind of wish I could see more detail of the boat and rower. Seems a little 'far away' to me. I get the feeling that you wanted to capture this person traversing a large expanse of water by himself. The solitary nature of that.

A setting sun in the background with a colorful sky would have made this a great shot I think; however, I realize that there are limitations when shooting random events that we happen upon.

I agree with you that the crew team should have been shown with greater detail. This is actually cropped from a much wider field and was the only image to make it out with any sharpness since this was right after sunset and I was shooting hand held.

I'd like to get out there early in the morning sometime when the school team is practicing. Might make for better lighting and more opportunities for a better view of the subject.

the shot is great, but the crop has lost all detail in the boat.

tripod + long lens is probably the go

Kind of overexposed in my opinion, most evident in the sky and in the water. I might even crop a fair bit closer in on the boat, but not sacrifice all of the empty space to the right that really shows off the water and exemplifies the loneliness of being out there all alone. I'm not sure if you were trying to represent loneliness or not, speaking of it, but if you were, I might even try and add some more contrast, darken up the shot a bit. Give it a little more atmosphere.

Most reactions

Back