Crisper pictures...without a flash...with zoom? Help a noob!

oh, my camera has an autoISO function
That's a fairly recent invention. My cameras (20Ds) don't have it...I think it may have appeared on the 40D.

I seem to have a Max ISO setting, it was set to 400 but it goes to 800 and 1600. I might try to replicate the conditions indoors with the zoom and then crank up the ISO settings.

oh, my camera has an autoISO function... I guess I would just use that... I'm not that familiar with the "priority" modes though. Good to know.

Aperture priority for ball and field shorts, Shutter priority for motorsport and panning, if your not comfortable with manual

I shoot in manual unless lighting conditions are crazy (shade/light/clouds/sun etc). If anything I shoot in Av.

I seem to have a Max ISO setting, it was set to 400 but it goes to 800 and 1600. I might try to replicate the conditions indoors with the zoom and then crank up the ISO settings.

Your main draw back will be usable photos from high ISO images. Olympus uses the 4/3 sensor which is smaller than the APS-C, APS-H, and full frame sensors found in most other DSLRs. Also, they have in camera noise reduction, but using this, especially on high settings can tend to smooth the image out making it look a little plasticy and will cause it to lose detail when compared to an image without it.

You camera isn't un-usable, you just have to understand the limitations. Olympus makes a 35-100 f/2.0 That would be a great lens as long as the reach is enough. Problem is, it's about $2100, iirc.

A fast prime would be something to consider, but looking on Olympus's website only show a 150 f/2 and a 300 something or other, both very expensive.

If it does, I'd like to know. I read through the manual and didn't see anything about it.
Checking HERE, it does show that the 40D has Auto ISO.

*edit*
You must have missed page 59. ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back