Criticism desired-not sure what advice you have...unknown unknowns:) 5 pics to bash.

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

DSC00344 by bmglen, on Flickr

DSC00166 by bmglen, on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21473259@N03/6484641717/
DSC00304 by bmglen, on Flickr

DSC00318 by bmglen, on Flickr

Basically, my wife wanted great pictures of our daughter. I used to have an old Canon PS mega zoom. It was fun, but died. I researched a lot and almost bought the Canon s95 before learning that there were 3/4 size sensors. I had known of this in the past, when I bought my Pany SD600 camcorder, but didnt pay much attention.

Then I found the Sony Nex with an APS-C sized sensor. Big lens, but overall light and more compact, enough so that my wife can put it in her purse for outings. First I got double lenses from Amazon, 18-55 and 16mm, but then I realized I could send the 16mm back fro 164 dollars, making it a total of 310 for the camera, so I did that, budget is tight, and accessories needed on top of it. So, I kind of regret the decision as I did like the 16mm... until I remember it was 310, and I lost 3mm.... then I am ok:) I figure in the future I can use that money on a lens more tailored to our needs, after practicing and identifying exactly what those needs are (21mm equivalent, telephoto, whatever)

So, I want to learn more, have found a few books to check out from the library, but I think the first place is to find the Exposure book by Peterson at a library and have it shipped to mine. But, until then, a healthy dose of criticism and advice is appreciated. Bash away, it can only help! All game is fair game...exposure, framing advice, iso noise too excessive, focus, whatever!

Last edited:
it's amazing what 2 minutes of processing can do

tpfhelpstore1.jpg

Nothing jumps out to me. They are just ok. But that just my thoughts. The one with Santa would be better if taken from lower angle.

it's amazing what 2 minutes of processing can do

hm....i didnt even notice the wb issues :) good catch. im guessing you also did some sharpening? something seems more gritty than before, cant really place my finger on it....

Nothing jumps out to me. They are just ok. But that just my thoughts. The one with Santa would be better if taken from lower angle.

Good call on the santa, i couldnt have in this instance, but I wouldnt have thought to. Will in the future though. What makes the others "just ok", inadequate equipment, or--assuming this is the top tier equipment I will have for a minute--user error?

Here's my input,
#1 don't put micro sized shots up for CC. If I can't see it I can't evaluate it. ( I'm not going to take the time to click on "the bar" or go to Flickr to see a larger image, you came to us for help)
#2 limit your number of shots for CC to 3 or less.

Not trying to be mean, it's just something I felt you needed to know.

I agree with flame, post one of the medium versions. These are too small to see clearly.

Here's my input,
#1 don't put micro sized shots up for CC. If I can't see it I can't evaluate it. ( I'm not going to take the time to click on "the bar" or go to Flickr to see a larger image, you came to us for help)
#2 limit your number of shots for CC to 3 or less.

Not trying to be mean, it's just something I felt you needed to know.

Alright, changed the post size and deleted one of the offerings, but still 1 too many :( I will work better to narrow it down in the future, once I have read more about exposure and framing...and have more specific questions.

ALright,

Most reactions

New Topics

Back