What's new

Critics only please haha.....

richardquinn80

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 2, 2013
Messages
60
Reaction score
7
Still testing my f1.8 55m zeiss
 

Attachments

  • $image-2887655522.webp
    $image-2887655522.webp
    26.7 KB · Views: 124
  • $image-3538613245.webp
    $image-3538613245.webp
    45.7 KB · Views: 111
  • $image-2245250471.webp
    $image-2245250471.webp
    66.3 KB · Views: 108
  • $image-1647464838.webp
    $image-1647464838.webp
    23.8 KB · Views: 101
Not really impressed with the out of focus foreground look on the first phone shot, but the background defocus quality looks pretty spiffy. That's pretty common; if a lens has background bokeh that's nice, it often has awful foreground bokeh rendering, since, well, the stuff BEHIND the plane of focus is different than what is in front of the focus plane.

I do see that the lens has some real "character" to to it, but it's hard to really savor it, since as The_Traveler mentioned, the images are physically so small that we cannot well and truly SEE AND APPRECIATE how the lens shoots its images. I'm on my big Cinema Display now...these are so tiny on-screen they look like playing cards. I can tell by what I see, all smashed down, that the lens appears to have biting sharpness within the focused zone at the f/stops you used here!!! Even though these are very small images, it's obvious that the lens is very,very sharp and crisp. Background blurring looks pretty good too.

When a great big, 24 or 36 MP files is squished down to 800 or even 1,000 pixels wide, there is a suggestion, a hint, a sort of family resemblance if you will to the images. But you need to see these kinds of pictures BIG, to really savor the nuance of a lens and how it draws. But still, there are some things that kind of stay with the images, even when they are crushed down to 800-pixels.

Is this the lens? Sony FE 55mm F1.8 ZA Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* Lab Test Review: Digital Photography Review
 
The woman is squinting when looking at her phone, i better not bother her is what i'm getting from the one where she is in focus. In the second one where the phone is in focus she is still not comfortable and that makes me want to avoid the phone. The one where she is eating her mouth is wide open, that is not a flattering photo.
 
If I shot one like the third my wife would have said, "Get rid of that sh&t!" :mrgreen: Probably would be bodily harm had I posted it online :blackeye:
 
Not really impressed with the out of focus foreground look on the first phone shot, but the background defocus quality looks pretty spiffy. That's pretty common; if a lens has background bokeh that's nice, it often has awful foreground bokeh rendering, since, well, the stuff BEHIND the plane of focus is different than what is in front of the focus plane. I do see that the lens has some real "character" to to it, but it's hard to really savor it, since as The_Traveler mentioned, the images are physically so small that we cannot well and truly SEE AND APPRECIATE how the lens shoots its images. I'm on my big Cinema Display now...these are so tiny on-screen they look like playing cards. I can tell by what I see, all smashed down, that the lens appears to have biting sharpness within the focused zone at the f/stops you used here!!! Even though these are very small images, it's obvious that the lens is very,very sharp and crisp. Background blurring looks pretty good too. When a great big, 24 or 36 MP files is squished down to 800 or even 1,000 pixels wide, there is a suggestion, a hint, a sort of family resemblance if you will to the images. But you need to see these kinds of pictures BIG, to really savor the nuance of a lens and how it draws. But still, there are some things that kind of stay with the images, even when they are crushed down to 800-pixels. Is this the lens? Sony FE 55mm F1.8 ZA Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* Lab Test Review: Digital Photography Review
hi yes that's the lens, sorry but I don't understand how I can make the photo bigger, I'm shooting 24 mega pixels and can't go higher than that?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom