Critique Galleries now open!

Overread

hmm I recognise this place! And some of you!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Photo Galleries

Yes indeed we've our own galleries on the forums, scroll down a little ways and you'll see them, or follow the link just above which will take you direct to the galleries sub-menu. The galleries are open to members of all skill levels, beginner through to advanced and serve not only as a place to post photos to share, but for critique and also for general discussion on the gallery topics as well.

I encourage all members to make full use of the galleries, especially for general posting and generalist commentary/critique on your work.

I would also like to remind members that general photo posting and "critique this" posts are not suitable for the beginners section. Photos posted in beginners should be accompanied by details of the shoot and also specific questions regarding the photos. They should also be from beginners who are really at the start of their photography experience, once you've had a year or more its time to man up (or lady up ?) and head down into the galleries. (some of you might get there a lot faster if you work hard :)).

Furthermore I'd like to strongly recommend that people posting beginner questions regarding Photography Businesses should be "Shop Talk" in the business section, not the beginners section up here.
The Business District

Again all these sections are present if you just scroll a little ways down the site :)

They've been there since you joined ;)

I think it's good to be a little stern about this :thumbsup:

I see. Nothing is new except that you are requesting ALL C&C threads to go in the gallery section, and beginners can post images that they are asking about focus, exposure, the dark spots in the sky, orbs, flare, etc...in the beginner section since those are technical, and not critique oriented? Amiright?

You are essentially removing the C&C aspect from the beginners section?

Coolio!

So, are you removing the "& Photo Gallery" text from the Beginner forum title?

hmm no I never said they had to be just technical questions, but that its not for general postings of a photo with "C&C please" or any similar title/post content. That the posts in beginners should come with a specific focus in the opening post - some kind of direction/query that the beginner has and is hoping to get advice upon.

Ah, then you haven't really done anything, and are just here confusing people.

Good luck with that. :meh:

But this is like the New York City of Photography in this section, where as those galleries are like ghost towns! It's social suicide!

oops...was so taken back at "Madonna" at halftime for the superbowl....posted some in beginners...sorry :0

But this is like the New York City of Photography in this section, where as those galleries are like ghost towns! It's social suicide!

This. ^

The beginners section is the best place on the forum.

^^^^To start drama?

This. ^

The beginners section is the best place on the forum.

Oh? Time to take off them pampers and man up, boy! Come on over into the deep water.. you won't drown!! (maybe!) :) lol!

^^^^To start drama?

:lmao:

Still...I now somehow suspect that what used to be decent galleries will now be filled with posts which read similar to the following...

=======

Topic: OMGZ I GOTS A DSLR, CAN I HAZ PRO-MODE?

HEY PEOPLS!

I got a fancy camra this xmas and wanted to know if i'm good enuf to start charging monies. Tell me wat yu think!

350px-Stupid_cat_3.jpg

THANKS HUGS AND KISSES XOXOXOXXO

^^^^To start drama?

If this ^^^^, was in reference to ^, in reference to mine, I was only kidding. I joke I joke! It really is kind of a dumping ground, so maybe its like NYC where all the bums hang out and pan handle??

No, it was at Light.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back