What's new

Critique Me Please

Joined
Jul 10, 2014
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Millers Creek
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Any tips on what I could do better next time would be really appreciated!
 

Attachments

  • $IMG_6427.webp
    $IMG_6427.webp
    707.1 KB · Views: 118
  • $IMG_6922.webp
    $IMG_6922.webp
    437.8 KB · Views: 143
  • $IMG_8312.webp
    $IMG_8312.webp
    1 MB · Views: 113
Well I'm no expert, but the one of the beach just seems a little bland and underexposed. I think a lower perspective would be slightly more interesting. I like the shot of the road seems underexposed as well. If you could brighten it up and add some contrast I think it would be nice!
 
I am not an expert either. But here goes.

1) Subject matter is epic. Composition isn't bad though I am not a fan of the person's boots in the shot. Focus seems off to me. Somewhat blurred.
2) Composition is good though I am having a hard time deciding if the horizon is straight. Exposure may need to be bumped. Also seems like the focus is off on this, also blurred.
3) Subject matter is pretty standard, if the light/shadow play was more pronounced it would be more exciting. Also suffering from a focal issue, also blurred for the majority of the shot.
 
Welcome to the site Ashley. Here's my 2 cents for what it's worth.

1) Cool moment but I don't care for the composition. Watch your background as was mentioned. moving left or right, if it were an option, could have possibly helped.

2) Double check to make sure that the horizon is straight. Also, the white balance seems too cool for my tastes and it looks totally underexposed. What would help this photo is using a graduated neutral density filter to be able to expose it properly.

3) I like this shot but it is underexposed to me. It's not a unspectacular shot but shows an interesting stretch of road.
 
Number two looks way off. For there to be highlights like that on the water the sky would not look all muddy like that.

The text you have added to the photos is also VARY distracting.
 
I can see photos 2 and 3 getting brightened and manipulated a bit to bring out the light on the water in #2 and make the road more pronounced in #3.
In #1 I'd probably zoom in on the gator and remove the bridge totally.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom