What's new

Critique my photos

e36style

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 16, 2008
Messages
45
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone, first post here. I finally got my first DSLR an a230 with 18-55 SAM lens. I bought a cheap collapsible hood, waste of $10. For my Birthday my girlfriend bought me quantaray +10 macro filter which is fun, but no replacement for a macro lens. I was hoping members of the forum could look through my gallery and give me tips or just general criticism on my photos. Before i bought my camera i had toyed around with my parents rebel, other than that I have no schooling, just what I've read online. I appreciate any feedback.
-David

345.jpg

DSC00856.jpg

DSC01003.jpg

DSC01423.jpg

DSC01742.jpg

flower.jpg

glass.jpg

trashcan.jpg
 
Last edited:
Hi, I am new to this as well. In the first pic, I liked the dandylion but the hand was distracting. I felt some of the others lacked interest or a focal point. That being said I normally prefer portraits.

I thought the cat pics was the best of the bunch.
 
Try resizing them to be a bit smaller, and put the link inside these tags...
or just click the "Insert Image" button.
 
Ya the cat picture is my favorite picture I've taken, not amazing but i like it.
pictures posted up smaller now.
 
Not a bad start, you have good colors, keep it up and keep posting!
 
Some of them, the last one in particular, have no subject or point of interest. It's just a couple of bins on a street corner, not very captivating. A good photogrpaher would be able to find a way to make that subject interesting by using an unusual angle or perspective, framing, or myriad post-processing techniques. Personally, I am not that good/creative of a photographer so I just tend to trying to find interesting things to photograph in the first place :)
 
thanks for the input.
i was bored so i thought i'd give an attempt on high speed photography. it took me about 10 tries since i'm just using fill flash and trying to time me lighting it and pressing the shutter at the same time.
DSC01977.jpg
 
Last edited:
staple.jpg


heres another one i took the "vignetting" is actually my cheap lens hood, it gets in the way.
i personally like this shot, would you crop it to take out the hood or leave as is?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom