What's new

Critique please!

Stacylouwho

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 27, 2013
Messages
188
Reaction score
20
Location
Georgia
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
8615616979_9023474c33_b.jpg
[/URL] IMG_5077 by Stacylouwho1, on Flickr[/IMG]I took some photos in Hawaii about a month ago and used my 55-250 mm. I really like this photo myself.. What do you think?
IMG_5077 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
 
Last edited:
Okay.. finally figured out how to post the photo in the thread!! THANK GOODNESS! That was getting really annoying!
 
Okay.. finally figured out how to post the photo in the thread!! THANK GOODNESS! That was getting really annoying!

Do you want me to move this thread over to one of the Galleries? Just let me know. :)
 
There you go! No problem. :)
 
8615616979_9023474c33_b.jpg
[/URL]

What do you think?
Great smile and connection with the camera. It looks like he has had his photo taken once or 10,000 times.

I think he is to red, his face is not sharply focused, he is somewhat underexposed, and that the image needs to be cropped.

8615616979_9023474c33_b1a.jpg
 
Stacylouwho; this would have been a wonderful shot if the light was better.

Yes, I wish I had the chance to go back to some places and take better pictures, but the chances of that happening are slim to none.
 
8615616979_9023474c33_b.jpg
[/URL]

What do you think?
Great smile and connection with the camera. It looks like he has had his photo taken once or 10,000 times.

I think he is to red, his face is not sharply focused, he is somewhat underexposed, and that the image needs to be cropped.

8615616979_9023474c33_b1a.jpg
Thanks for the feedback! Yes I think it should have been cropped now that I look at it.
 
Stacylouwho; this would have been a wonderful shot if the light was better.

Yes, I wish I had the chance to go back to some places and take better pictures, but the chances of that happening are slim to none.
I know... Most of the time I had my camera on auto.. And a ton of them turned out over exposed.. Not sure if I will ever have the opportunity to go again.. but if i do, I will be much better prepared.
 
8615616979_9023474c33_b.jpg
[/URL]

What do you think?
Great smile and connection with the camera. It looks like he has had his photo taken once or 10,000 times.

I think he is to red, his face is not sharply focused, he is somewhat underexposed, and that the image needs to be cropped.

8615616979_9023474c33_b1a.jpg

So now he's magenta?
OP: Just a little adjustment in Curves and a little addition of Cyan, either with Photo Filters or Color Balance will bring more detail and light to it.
I do agree it could be cropped in and sharpened a bit. Never easy trying to get action in low light; this isn't a bad attempt.
 
8615616979_9023474c33_b.jpg
[/URL]

What do you think?
Great smile and connection with the camera. It looks like he has had his photo taken once or 10,000 times.

I think he is to red, his face is not sharply focused, he is somewhat underexposed, and that the image needs to be cropped.

8615616979_9023474c33_b1a.jpg

So now he's magenta?
OP: Just a little adjustment in Curves and a little addition of Cyan, either with Photo Filters or Color Balance will bring more detail and light to it.
I do agree it could be cropped in and sharpened a bit. Never easy trying to get action in low light; this isn't a bad attempt.
Thanks.. Yeah, i was pretty far back and working with the exposure a bit. It was pretty dark!
 
I think it looks better in black and white. Right now you cant' see much of the background; and the surf board looks kind of odd right behind him without the rest of the bg. Also I think the image looks sharper and cleaner without the color noise ;) I know this isn't the bw thread; but unless you have the raw file; not much can be done to the image. I like your profile image btw :)
 

Attachments

  • $8615616979_9023474c33_baaa.webp
    $8615616979_9023474c33_baaa.webp
    49.9 KB · Views: 76
I think it looks better in black and white. Right now you cant' see much of the background; and the surf board looks kind of odd right behind him without the rest of the bg. Also I think the image looks sharper and cleaner without the color noise ;) I know this isn't the bw thread; but unless you have the raw file; not much can be done to the image. I like your profile image btw :)
Thanks! I like it in black and white too! ;) you have some great photos yourself! Very creative!
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom