What's new

Critique please...?

As a general suggestion: Work on getting the basics down pat before moving into the artistic; in other words: Get your exposure, composition, etc nailed and then try the 'artistic' approach to processing. Walk before you run. As well, the gallery section (where I have moved this thread) is the appropriate location for posting images for C&C.

I completely understand the basics,
I have been doing photography as a business for over 3 years now.
Artistically I do like this,
I might use the wider photo as someone suggested, I do enjoy suggestions too as it gives me a different outlook.
But I definitely achieved the colour and exposure that I wanted to.
It's a good thing art is opinion, I want me photography to be art, not "technically correct".
I don't obviously just take photos out of focus for art, but I'm happy to blow the colours or exposure for the sake of the picture :)


Well said lol ;-)
 

The lens flare makes the background very distracting. Not to mention very blown out. I think it would be nice maybe even a little underexposed.

Also if you are asking for critique. Try not to take it as a personal attack. We are only trying to help and give you our opinion on what you may or may not have missed.
 
or remove it altogether.

Why?
It's your image; if your vision is realized, that's all that really matters (unless it's paid work, and then the client is what matters), however to be completely frank, I look at it, and see what I would consider a cute 'cell-phone snap' of the family pooch.

A cellphone snap? I have never, ever seen a cellphone provide a photo like this. If you know which cellphone takes a competely in-focus photo which is sharp and nicely PP'ed please tell me the brand and I will trade my camera in :)
 

The lens flare makes the background very distracting. Not to mention very blown out. I think it would be nice maybe even a little underexposed.

Also if you are asking for critique. Try not to take it as a personal attack. We are only trying to help and give you our opinion on what you may or may not have missed.

I asked for critique on my image, not sides at business, clients or my equipment. Hence getting a little annoyed sorry lol
 
A cellphone snap? I have never, ever seen a cellphone provide a photo like this. If you know which cellphone takes a competely in-focus photo which is sharp and nicely PP'ed please tell me the brand and I will trade my camera in :)

Samsung S5
 
I asked for critique on my image, not sides at business, clients or my equipment. Hence getting a little annoyed sorry lol

No one did until you mentioned it. I just feel you were a little harsh to braineack and tiredon. When they gave you their opinion
 

The lens flare makes the background very distracting. Not to mention very blown out. I think it would be nice maybe even a little underexposed.

Also if you are asking for critique. Try not to take it as a personal attack. We are only trying to help and give you our opinion on what you may or may not have missed.


i think shes taking on the critique. the problem is only when she has been personally attacked for her lack of knowledge witch we all don't really know what knowledge any user really has. so we should not comment on that we should only comment on the things we feel would improve there shot. theres not alot of people with cell phones getting shots like this. most are standing up looking down, so to me she does have some clue,
 
I completely understand the basics,
I have been doing photography as a business for over 3 years now.
Artistically I do like this,
I might use the wider photo as someone suggested, I do enjoy suggestions too as it gives me a different outlook.
But I definitely achieved the colour and exposure that I wanted to.
It's a good thing art is opinion, I want me photography to be art, not "technically correct".
I don't obviously just take photos out of focus for art, but I'm happy to blow the colours or exposure for the sake of the picture :)

He didn't make any personal attack on her. He just said try to work on the basics then move to the art pics. They will be much better in the long run.
 
[emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️
 
OP: Please bear in mind that this is an image to which you have a personal and emotional attachment; no different than a happy snap of a child to a mother; she sees the child that she love, others will see an infant with his face covered in food and drooling. The rest of us do not have the attachment you do, and are looking at it, more or less objectively. I don't think anyone here has made any sort of personal attack, however if you feel that they have, please use the 'Report message' feature (the small triangle below the profile avatar) to report the offending message to the moderating staff.
 
I completely understand the basics,
I have been doing photography as a business for over 3 years now.
Artistically I do like this,
I might use the wider photo as someone suggested, I do enjoy suggestions too as it gives me a different outlook.
But I definitely achieved the colour and exposure that I wanted to.
It's a good thing art is opinion, I want me photography to be art, not "technically correct".
I don't obviously just take photos out of focus for art, but I'm happy to blow the colours or exposure for the sake of the picture :)

He didn't make any personal attack on her. He just said try to work on the basics then move to the art pics. They will be much better in the long run.


Thats the personal attack, would you not take that as a personal attack been told this when you have been taking photos for years and know the basics inside out?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom