LeeLeeMelis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Maine-but currently stationed in Okinawa, Japan
Website
www.mwbphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey there everyone! I have these photos that I took here in Okinawa where I live. Let me know what you think of them or what you would change either in taking the photo or post processing. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• $edit1.jpg
    $edit1.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 91
  • $edit3.jpg
    $edit3.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 90
  • $edit2.jpg
    $edit2.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 100
Right then.
In the first you very deliberately chose this very wide open aperture that gave you an extremely shallow DOF so that only the one petal sticking out towards us is in focus. While I appreciate your thought and concept, it isn't working for me. I like blurred backgrounds against flower "portraits", in fact I find them very, very necessary, but this DOF is too shallow for my liking and I try and try to adjust my eyes to get the whole flower in focus, and can't.

The second is nicely composed, you get close and let the shapes and lines play for you, but that one looks decidedly overexposed to me.

The butterflies are interesting and look good in their natural (almost) black and white on the red they are sitting on. Do I detect a hint of camera shake in this one??? Could this be? What was your time for that one, can you look it up?

Most reactions

Back