What's new

Critique: Self portrait

dtzitko

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
235
Reaction score
0
Location
St. Louis, MO
This was actually a test shot. I was going through the photos and it popped up and I saw some potential. I was able to turn it into something decent I think.

dz061353.jpg



This was what I was actually going for. I can't decide if I like it or not, I like the idea though. I think it could be executed better though.

selfi.jpg
 
#1 you look what ? bored, sad ?
#2 it's too out of focus, cool idea though.
 
#1 you look what ? bored, sad ?
#2 it's too out of focus, cool idea though.

Ha, like I said, #1 was a test shot so I would say bored would be good. It's a candid shot, so I wasn't posing or anything.

As far as #2 goes, I was going for the high key look and I wanted the image of me in the mirror to be out of focus. Now that you say it's too out of focus though, I think it would look better if the image of me in the mirror would look better if that was in focus as opposed to the back shot of me. Or would it be best if both of were in focus?
 
I actually like #1. You may look bored but the expression and the composition goes I think. If you haden't said anything it actually looked like you were thinking.

#2 I think is just ok.
 
#1 you look what ? bored, sad ?
#2 it's too out of focus, cool idea though.

Ha, like I said, #1 was a test shot so I would say bored would be good. It's a candid shot, so I wasn't posing or anything.

As far as #2 goes, I was going for the high key look and I wanted the image of me in the mirror to be out of focus. Now that you say it's too out of focus though, I think it would look better if the image of me in the mirror would look better if that was in focus as opposed to the back shot of me. Or would it be best if both of were in focus?

Maybe if your reflection was blured that would be different. With these kind of portraits it all about the message your trying to communicate for lack of a better word.
 
I like number 2 ;)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom