Critique Some Of my Photos:

Scott Whaley

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been playing around with photography for about 4 years now. I started out with an Old Canon Rebel camera, then worked up to a Canon 7D Mark ii, and now use a Canon 5D Mark iv. I love taking photos of birds: Especially birds in flight. I have a few that I would like a critique on. Don't hold back because I am just looking for ways to make my photos better.

Thanks.

Scott
Osprey With Fish - VGA.JPG
Osprey With Fish 2 - VGA.JPG
Osprey 5 - VGA.JPG
Osprey 4 - VGA.JPG
Osprey 2 - VGA.JPG

Number your pics

1&2, keep the bird out of the center. Leave space in the direction the bird is flying. Remove some shadows in PS

3, remove some shadows, cleanup vignette
4&5 find a better angle that doesn’t have leaves in the view

Number your pics

1&2, keep the bird out of the center. Leave space in the direction the bird is flying. Remove some shadows in PS

Thanks for the comments. I will take this into consideration. Just a quick question: Why would I not want the birds in 1 & 2 to be centered?

Number your pics

Thanks for the comments. I will take this into consideration. Just a quick question: Why would I not want the birds in 1 & 2 to be centered?
So the bird is facing/flying into the frame, feels compositionally better.

Number your pics

it looks better and for these it makes the bird bigger in the frame

The Osprey in your images seem to have some weird halo around them? that a result of some post production? They're also a little dark, especially around your subject.

Agree with what is said above. Especially in the first two you are doing something in post editing that is leaving artifacts.

Thanks all. I will go back and re-edit them.

Most reactions

Back