Cropping

wannabe photographer

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I need your opinion regard crop on this photos, i personally like wider but i am new on editing.Witch crop and why.

1-112.jpg

1-111.jpg

I would say the crop because it has better balance and is visually more interesting. I don't really think what you took off added any interest to the image unless I'm missing something intentional.

If your subject is the man then #2. If your main subject is the storefronts then #1. The 2nd one is much more interesting and hold the attention.

I like the second one best. The 007 window graphic, wall graphic and man forms a pleasing arc.

#2 because it brings a better Back ground forward and you lost nothing important from the crop and the composition is much better and overall more pleasing as the man is not shoved off over and lost in the far corner as he is in #1

I agree #2 immediately looks more harmonious to me...

Though I will mention I spent much more time looking at image #1. I like the hat window with the reflections, and the man at the edge of the frame is unexpected and interesting. But, the overall composition seems awkward though I fail to pinpoint the reason.

Nice shot!

Have to go with the #2. It seem more concise and to the point. Very nice tonal balance also.

#2 - it somehow "feels" better.

#2 but I feel that there’s actually a better crop at hand, as I’ve written this, I prefer the depth offered in the first. I guess as others have said it depends how much focus you want on the guy, 2nd Shot is a candid street shot with an ok backdrop, first one for me is more of a scene shot, move the crop to the right to include Prada and drop the distraction of the 007 on the far left maybe get best of both worlds....

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

Most reactions

New Topics

Back