What's new

Crumpler 5MDH Bag Question

kitjv

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
Location
Oregon
[TABLE="class: tborder, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD="class: alt1"]After wading through the myriad of camera bags that might suit my needs, I think the Crumpler 5MDH will serve me best. Provided, that is, the following will fit:

Canon 400D w/ Sigma 17-70 attached
Canon EF 70-300 IS USM
Yongnuo YN468 Speedlite.

Could someone please help me here? Thank you kindly.
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: alt2"]
user_online.gif
[/TD]
[TD="class: alt1, align: right"] [/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
 
Why did you copy this post directly from another forum, with the edit, flag, and online icons all intact?
 
My apology. I inadvertently included he edit, flag, etc. My intent was simply to garner input from this forum as well, w/o the necessity to re-type the same question. Again, my apologies if my doing so is in any way inappropriate.
 
Yes, although fitment will be fairly tight and you'll not have room for further expansion.

I fit a 5D MKII with 17-40 f/4L lens on camera, a Canon 24-70 f/2.8L, and a Canon 580EX II into mine and it's a tight fit getting the lid closed all the way. I should have bought a 6MDH, but I already have a 7MDH for the all day trips and the 5MDH barely fits into the bag I have on my bike.
 
Wow...I am surprised you are fitting that much into the 5MDH. I bought one as an extra bag for just those days I wanted to take my body and a single lens. I was not able to fit my D7000 with 24-120 f/4 lens attached without pushing the bag to its limits.
 
Jim: Is the 18-200 lens attached or separate from the D7000?I'm getting conflicting opinions on the 5MDH. Some users are confident that the items I want to carry (listed in my original post) will fit; albeit a bit snugly. Others are saying "no way". I'm getting the sense that either way it will be close.
 
Jim: Is the 18-200 lens attached or separate from the D7000?I'm getting conflicting opinions on the 5MDH. Some users are confident that the items I want to carry (listed in my original post) will fit; albeit a bit snugly. Others are saying "no way". I'm getting the sense that either way it will be close.

They're doing it wrong. If I think about it, I'll get a photo this evening.

My bag is setup as stock with three padded dividers. One lens goes on one side, one lens goes on the other, and the camer with the lens on goes lens down with the camer body resting on top of the other lens and flash. It has padding from the dividers in between to actually rest on though. I can't fit the 5D MKII in there with a grip though. Alternately I can remove the flash and toss another lens in there if needed.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom