CS3 - RAW Files - HDR's

Goldeeno

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
goldeeno.zoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took some shots of tonights sunset, and i want to try a HDR with them. Ive got CS3 and know how to work the HDR program, but not had much success with it.. practice more i think.

I wanted to know if you use the RAW files to make HDR's, i have only ever tried with Jpeg, is it possible. For some reason CS3 wont let me open a RAW file, am i missing something... Linsk to tutorials, or if someone could write me the basics, would be appreciated.

Andrew

you cannot use a RAW file directly to make a HDR. The RAW file is just data which needs to be made into a usable image format like tiff or jpeg.

Also remember that a HDR is made of different exposures of the same scene, so the best thing to do is convert all the shots into Tiff files without altering the exposure, wb, tint or anything else from the original exposures, so make sure you uncheck any auto settings in your RAW software too. ;)

As much of what i've come across, RAW files are best for HDR.
Adobe probably needs updates for it to read the RAW files.

The HDR is a crop ?

No - not sure what above gave you that idea. HDR is a combination of three or more images of the same scene with different exposures combining them to get one image with a greater exposure range than you could get from one picture. There's no cropping involved.

ah right you are, yea photomatix will allow it... id still recommend creating tiffs first tho ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back