CS4 Announced

Huh? What are we talking about here? I have a 2.66 dual quad (8 cores) and it's not even close. And there's no OpenGL manipulations. You can get that through the new 3D positioning thingy if your version of PS includes that. But otherwise there's just no way I don't care if you're in a 500 core super computer. The interface isn't there. To rotate arbitrarily you have to type it in. To rotate 90˚/180˚ you have to menu select the option. There is no "rotate tool" available for real-time rotates. The same is basically true of image resizing too. The GUI just isn't there for "zooming will be stepless, and no more jagged lines, rotations will happen in real time instead of "click, rotate, wait for updated image"" as was the statement.
I was talking about Bridge and Lightroom. Not Photoshop. Bridge and Lightroom display all zoom levels with no jagged edges, and when you rotate an image you actually watch it rotate.

The use of the GPU will be a very interesting addition for sure if it's well done. It will also allow for a lot more 3D features, I read somewhere that it's gonna support standard 3DS files :mrgreen:

Yeah bridge and lightroom do it, but they brute force the calculations on the CPU. Even on my system it's reasonably slow. :-(

Most reactions

New Topics

Back