Cuban Mama

Demers18

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As we were walking the streets of Varadero we ran into this glowing old woman who was sitting in front of her home. I decided to walk over and ask her if I could take her picture and her face just lit up. She seemed so happy that someone would want to take her picture. We tried to converse but my spanish is terrible and she didn't speak Engligh or French. I think I'll need to work on my Spanish for future travels as I'm sure she would have a lot to share.

8520416907_b5b1d25317_o.jpg
[/URL] Cuban Mama by lee demers, on Flickr[/IMG]

That's some very unusual processing you have there

EDIT: I'm glad I clicked on it...Much better in Flickr :thumbup:

Looks like a neat lady, but I think the processing hurts it a little and I think you have waaaaaaaaaaaay too much of the building behind her. She's the subject, so we should see more of her and less of the building. The building DOES add something, but you really only need a little bit of that building to make the point. The way you have it now the building has enough interest to very strong compete with her, and she does not have enough interest to wrestle away the building. A crop would help, of course, but you're going to lose an awful lot of pixels.

Processing looks good on her teeth, Little Wayne and some other rap superstars would be jealous
icon10.gif

Looks like a neat lady, but I think the processing hurts it a little and I think you have waaaaaaaaaaaay too much of the building behind her. She's the subject, so we should see more of her and less of the building. The building DOES add something, but you really only need a little bit of that building to make the point. The way you have it now the building has enough interest to very strong compete with her, and she does not have enough interest to wrestle away the building. A crop would help, of course, but you're going to lose an awful lot of pixels.

The funny thing is that I hardly did any processing at all. I did a some BW conversion with the blacks at 90 and whites at 9. I also slightly dodged her face a little to brighten it up a tad. I'll have to revisit and see what I can do.

I thought about the crop, however I like it with all of the building in it as it gives you and feel for where she lives and by cropping it out, I fell would take away from the story.

Thank you for your comments.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back