Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Any Cubs fans in here? Or baseball fans in general?? I am wanting to plan a weekend getaway for me and my boyfriend (we live about two hours south of Chicago), and I want to have a bit of a baseball theme to it. I plan on taking him to a Cubs game (if I can get my hands on TICKETS!!!!), but I am wondering if anyone knows about any baseball points of interest or anything that would be within a day or so drive? I'm having troubles finding anything online, so I thought I'd try you guys! Heh heh...I'd like for us to be able to go to the Baseball Hall of Fame or something...but that's in New York, and I don't think we could drive that far and back in a weekend! Any info or suggestions would be great!
Thanks!

Most of the baseball theme things are at the stadium. Wayland Ave and the other surronding streets are just a bustle during the day. Also might to check out HArry's restruant. Dont know where it is but "Hoooollyyy Coowww" it is Harrey Carrey restruant.

While it is not baseball related, a drive to Solider Field is a nice sports thing to do also.

Big Astro's fan right here. Idolized Nolan Ryan and those old school jerseys were just sweet.

If you're planning to take him to a cubs game, I'd say that in its self might be enough, especially if its a day game. You could possible hit up some of the bars in that area and pregame it/hang out with other cubbie's fans.

Don't know too much about the chicago area but like Geronimo mentioned Solider Field would be a very cool thing to check out.

Thanks everyone, for the ideas! I'm not sure what I'm gonna do. I think I'm 'striking out' with my plans to have a whole baseball themed weekend! I've looked all over the internet for ideas, and hit up my baseball buff buddies for ideas....not much coming out of it. My buddy Josh mentioned something about going to the Field of Dreams movie site...that would be neat, but I don't know if Erik would be into it enough to drive that far. I'll figure something out, I guess. Thanks!

Heh heh!!! I think I just got my problem solved!!! I was talking to my boyfriend online about wanting to do a weekend trip (didn't say anything about the baseball theme, cuz if I did that I would want it to be a surprise), and he sent me the following link : http://www.mpm.edu/quest/quest.html . He REALLY wants to go, and I think it looks really interesting. Plus, I've never been to Milwaukee, so it will be a new experience for me all around! We are probably going next weekend, and I'm so excited already!
Thanks! Just had to tell someone!

Most reactions

Back