What's new

Cupcakes C&C please :)

telly

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 19, 2010
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took these a while back for my friend's bakery website. She used the second one.
Let me know what you think. I know they could have better focus; I'm still quite the noob at this photography thing;)
Also, I now realize I should have got the reflection better.
two2.jpg

threecopy.jpg

one.jpg
 
i actually like the first photo better. it's neat and uncluttered—plus the reflection is a real bonus. the second photo looks kinda busy to me.
 
Yeah, I hadn't photographed food before and wasn't sure how to set anything up. I wanted to play around with the sprinkles in the jars but didn't want to make a mess. :P
 
Actually I see a muffin and what looks like a mini cheesecake too.
 
I'm surprised at the lack of sharpness throughout the set. I think the DOF was too shallow in some images, but at least one was shot at f/8 so I'm not sure what caused the OOF issue in that photo. At the very least, the bakery's name in #2 should be sharp and clear.

Otherwise, I like the colours and compositions. Nice.
 
To me, the first one is ruined by showing the front edge of the counter. My eye is immediately drawn to that.
 
I like the last very much...parents and their children ;)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom