I absolutely LOVE urbex. Here in Atlanta, there are literally hundreds of abandoned buildings (train depots, metal shops, houses, schools, hospitals, prisons, etc) just waiting to be explored. When I first started urbexing, I often modeled for my friends who were photographers when they had a photo assignment. We often explored abandoned buildings, but now that I'm taking B&W Film Photography, I'm always looking for new places in Atlanta to explore for photos. If you're in the Atlanta area and are into urbex, hit me up
Only thing is, like people have already stated, it does have its risks. The best thing to do is to be street smart... I never explore any abandoned places, no matter how awesome it is, in
too sketchy of an area or past 8PM. I've never run into any other urbexers when exploring, but I've also never run into any druggies, homeless, cops, or animals (besides birds) for that matter. Guess I'm lucky!