What's new

Curious of people's impressions...

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Sep 2, 2005
Messages
14,457
Reaction score
3,329
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I always like shots like this, but...

Bolton Fair 2011 - 081.jpg


Feel free to have at me.
 
Is that a carousel?

I think there is a good amount of detail and it is an ok "abstract" shot, but I don't like the lighting and it looks flat.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #3
It is indeed a carosel. The lighting is somewhat as was presented. Any thoughts on what I could have done to make it less flat?
 
Maybe a flash or reflector? I'm just wishing there was more light in the upper left

I would have maybe turned up the saturation post as well.
 
yup the lighting is off. if you have lightroom 3 you can hit the corner with the graduated filter and up the exposure
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #6
Define "off"?
 
I like the combination of interesting colors, lines, forms. The diagonals make my eyes move across the photo. There’s a lot to look at here. The mechanical stuff adds interest. The initial “what is it” puzzlement had me guessing for a bit. Perhaps it would help to fix the underexposed area in the upper right and the glare. Nice concept. Good eye!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom