What's new

Curves & Corners

Ysarex93 87

TPF Supporters
Joined
Nov 27, 2011
Messages
7,717
Reaction score
4,577
Location
St. Louis
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Crazy busy getting ready for classes to start Monday, but I did get out for a walk to the grocery store today and went the long way around an old industrial area where this caught my eye.

Joe

window_zps6acbac14.jpg
 
I really like this shot, like really really. Its awesome the see the new plate broken and see those great old pane windows behind them!
 
Love it.
I would, however, get rid of the brick on the edge, and the stone on the bottom.
 
Reminds me of scenery in Portal 2. Nicely captured!
 
Nifty find Ysarex. I'm not convinced that eliminating the brickwork and the original window jamb helps...I think the "L" created by those elements helps.
 
I agree. The brick gives the picture character and context. Without it and the border, it feels too open. Stick to the original, its right out amazing
 
Yeah, after posting it, I have to admit, I changed my mind. :thumbup:
 
I'm flattered and thank you all.

Bitter, I sat at the computer for ten minutes Ctrl Z, back and forth on that crop. I'm not at all convinced that your first instinct isn't the better alternative; those bricks bug me. They bugged me when I took the photo and I tried to crop them off in the camera. They're still buggin' me. Thanks.

Joe
 
Nice work!

If anything I'd be more inclined to crop the top and right side - feels like there's a bit too much of the solid light gray area.
 
Yep! I like it too, rich geometric patterns and texture, a great capture!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom