cherylP

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
_MG_2184.jpg

I tried enhancing from the original.. I just think it captures his personality.
cc welcome

Glowing "halos" can appear around contrasting shades or colours when too much sharpening has been applied to a photograph in image editing software.

I would add a little contrast to this photo myself, just to bring it out abit

_MG_2184.jpg

here is the original ^... I added some contrast and got this V but I dont think it makes enough difference.

jimmyframe.jpg

Shaodws are more controlled in this then your previous shots...good job. If you have them a little further from the backdrop you'll get a nicer depth of field and even less shadows but overall, this is your best yet.

The second one you posted is better then the first version.

Try this for sharpening:

Set your unsharp mask to 200/1/10

This is usually good enough to insure you don't oversharpen but its not a magic formula, you may have to play with it a bit but if you do it won't be much.

Your getting better, it takes some time but one day it will all click. It's a bunch of little things that will come in time.

Mike V

IMO, you need to move your framing later on in your workflow for post-processing your images and finish the adjusting first. I would suggest also stopping the use of on-camera flash. It removes all the lovely modelling shadows from the face.

I adjusted the levels and brightness in this picture to get some upper level tones, then cropped it to remove the dead space on either side.

Why not post the color original? This might be a really nice color image.

jimmyframeux9.jpg

Shaodws are more controlled in this then your previous shots...good job. If you have them a little further from the backdrop you'll get a nicer depth of field and even less shadows but overall, this is your best yet.

The second one you posted is better then the first version.

Try this for sharpening:

Set your unsharp mask to 200/1/10

This is usually good enough to insure you don't oversharpen but its not a magic formula, you may have to play with it a bit but if you do it won't be much.

Your getting better, it takes some time but one day it will all click. It's a bunch of little things that will come in time.

Mike V

You are great for helping me so much! And you are helping big time! Thank you very much. I think I stole my mom's thread here! (CherylP is my mother :wink: ) SORRY MOM!
I'm taking some more tonight so we'll see how it goes!

And to The Traveler... This is the original, I tried some in the B/W parameter hicky. So I don't have a color one but I wish I did! :) Thanks for the advice! :thumbup: That image looks great.

a quick note...if you are shooting in B&W parameter use the green filter for most people with average skin...try the red filter if they have dark skin.

Mike V

a quick note...if you are shooting in B&W parameter use the green filter for most people with average skin...try the red filter if they have dark skin.

Mike V

OH! I have the red one and I wondered why it didn't look right... my kids are very pale. I need the green one! Thanks! Gotcha!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back