What's new

Czech Lake

JohnJack

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 30, 2010
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Location
California
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey, this is my first picture that i'm uploading and I was just hoping for some feedback before I post more.
fh020028.jpg
 
A little too much area without detail and a little flat generally. I would crop most of the sky to make it more panoramic and maybe darken the mid-tones a little to give it a little more saturation.
 
very good shot;the time and space is really transmitted to the viewer...what KenC has mentioned can be taken care of....

Expecting more; regards :D
 
I like the reflection, but I wish there was more there to see. Looks like you had some fog. I agree with the others, I think there's too much sky. Also, the trees on the top right...clone or crop them. Big distraction to me. I would have liked to see more of the reflected trees to the right though. Getting more picky here, but my preference is to try and eliminate man-made elements as much as possible from a scene like this.

Hope this helps.
 
OH MY GOODNESS does this shot have potential!!!!!!!!!!!! One (there are three problems plaguing this image two of them are already addressed in previous posts) of the main problems with this shot is the competing of subjects (and lack of subjects, same thing depending on how you look at it). I'll clarify; because there really is not one central subject, your background becomes the subject. There are two main parts to the background competing for supremacy: the house and cars on the left, and the group of trees on the right. The house would probably stand alone as the subject if it weren't for the cars and the bushes blocking most of the house. These two things weaken it's potential for a strong central subject., and because there really isn't interesting in the tree they too lack the tenacity to go alone as the single subject hence this picture has no real subject, or you could say two competing for rule. This is my imagination at work with this shot. I added what I would consider a strong subject and with the house and bushes being a peaceful setting for that main subject adds a bit of balance giving the eye freedom to wonder throughout the picture while giving a single feeling of peace and calmness. At least that's my view... You can take it or leave it. If you have the chance... I would go back there and try to find a way to shoot the edit of mine and spice of the contrast a bit, and see where the photo takes you.

My Edit:
5308493870_7f1705f239_b.jpg

tpf_canoe_edit_II by flehartychris, on Flickr
 
Last edited:
@BoblyBill,

This is not a variation of the former, but a re creation or conversion to oil paint, with its own identity

I don't compare them and congratulate you separately

Regards :D
 
@BoblyBill,

This is not a variation of the former, but a re creation or conversion to oil paint, with its own identity

I don't compare them and congratulate you separately

Regards :D


Agreed... I was only using that as an example to show him of the possible potential of the area and location for a re-shoot, and also to give him/her an example of what I think is a better subject than what was originally presented. Cause I totally cheated and used a canoe that was not there and detail I think can sometimes get in the way of what is more important, hence the reason you thought that I put an oil painting filter over it... Most of that was due to the drastic amount of noise reduction that was used to get the noise in control. But thank you for your comment!
 
Alright, thank you for the suggestions I need them as this is my first time editing photos outside of the dark room. I took all of the suggestions except for actually adding that canoe in there instead I blurred the trees to make the house to focal point.
fh020028.jpg
 
i think your original image is better; better retain its charm as such

Regards :D
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom