D-lite 2 compatible with portable battery pack?

schade

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi there,
I'm a newbie photographer and I am looking to shoot outdoors with my two elinchrom d-lite 2s. I was wondering if they are compatible with portable power packs and if so, is there a particular one any of you could recommend. I am hoping to find something under $500. I have been googling for the last 2 hours only to find very mixed and unclear responses, mostly referring to the d-lite 4s. Pardon my ignorance on the topic.

-Schade

Whatever you found regarding D Lite 4 should also apply to D Lite 2. They are the same light with different power output.

With certain ones. The D-lites are bi-voltage strobes that will work in different countries. This generally make for poor compatibility with battery packs. Innovatronix has batteries that will work with D-lites but you'll have to check their site to see which ones work and if they'll work with more than one light at a time.

Paul C. Buff - Vagabond Mini Lithium

Many of us use this set up. It works great with my Elinchrom 500. I gt over 600 pops per charge. Thats as many as I've tried from one charge and still had battery left.

If you call them they can advise you on your specific light.

My light I use it with (along with a tethered laptop and cell phone charger on it!)

20111108-DSC_9010.jpg

the only strobes i heard who does not work with vagabond mini are the profoto compact series, other than that, i think they all work.

For a couple of hundrend bux I'm thrilled with my Vagabond, use it all the time. I don't even use an extension cord on my light indoors, the vagabond serves as power and hangs off the stand for a pound or two extra weight

For a couple of hundrend bux I'm thrilled with my Vagabond, use it all the time. I don't even use an extension cord on my light indoors, the vagabond serves as power and hangs off the stand for a pound or two extra weight

You older Elinchrom is not a bi-voltage strobe like the D-lites and bxri lights.

the only strobes i heard who does not work with vagabond mini are the profoto compact series, other than that, i think they all work.

No. A VML may support one, possibly two bi-voltage strobes if you're lucky, but it's not something I'd put my money on unless you've seen it done successfully somewhere else. PCB went for small and light with the VML while Innovatronix went in the direction of making their batteries bi-voltage compatible. The reason that the VML doesn't work with profotos is the same reason it may not work with the D-lites, bi-voltage power switching.

There's some vids on Youtube featuring the D-Lites plugged into a Vagabond Mini. I'd link but my work computer no likey YouTube.

I'm going to plug a friends bi-voltage lights into my vagabond for a few hundred pops. Maybe I'll owe him new lighting, or my vagabond will explode....good times either way.

I just have to know because although i agree obviously not everything will work, i plug everything with an AC cord into my vagabond and its just rocked and held a charge forever.

Special performance report to follow with model numbers, specs, and "outcomes"
bigthumb.gif

There's some vids on Youtube featuring the D-Lites plugged into a Vagabond Mini. I'd link but my work computer no likey YouTube.

I saw your post after I posted I would experiment. can you please send me the link when you have a chance and save me some trouble? I like finding accurate information without experimenting more than i have too. Thanks my friend. Especially when I'm about to purchase new Elinchroms soon !

1 real monolight and two "cliqqqqqquish" strobist strobes aren't cutting it

Nevermind Tee I found a plethora of videos where they be jamming.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just did a search on YouTube on my iPhone. Search elinchrom d lite 4 and PCB vagabond mini. The reviewer name is onemutiny.

I just did a search on YouTube on my iPhone. Search elinchrom d lite 4 and PCB vagabond mini. The reviewer name is onemutiny.

Thank man for the youtube FYI, I found the correct info and posted a few of the vids for OP

Most reactions

New Topics

Back