D300 image problems ?? You?

Mine is shooting perfectly.

Our D300's image quality is outstanding. Almost as good as the D3's. Side-by-side, they both kick serious butte!

Seriously?
Fajada%20Butte.jpg

I'd say scotts image is outstanding! There is one thing that has yet to be mentioned. The D300 has about the smallest pixel in the industry. Maybe a defect in the lens is highlighted by the D300 that lesser cameras will not show. This was a common complaint about the D2X when it came out. It really tested the shooters glass, and good glass was required for great pix with the D2X.

Here is a 100% crop from a pic i just made, exactly as shot. Lens is cheap a 50/1.8. Normal JPG, ISO200, VIVID, +3 saturation, Active D-Lightning etc...

test-abb.jpg

Bev, if you would like me to shoot a test I will be glad to some times, but mine is doing just fine.

what seems to be the problem here?

I thought the D300 and D3 automaticly corrected for the color fringes?

Rockwell figured it out.

I'd say scotts image is outstanding! There is one thing that has yet to be mentioned. The D300 has about the smallest pixel in the industry. Maybe a defect in the lens is highlighted by the D300 that lesser cameras will not show. This was a common complaint about the D2X when it came out. It really tested the shooters glass, and good glass was required for great pix with the D2X.

John, that picture was in response to your "kick Butte" reference. :D

I'm not actually lucky enough to have the D300 :(

haha, scott. i got the joke!

Here is a 100% crop from a pic i just made, exactly as shot. Lens is cheap a 50/1.8. Normal JPG, ISO200, VIVID, +3 saturation, Active D-Lightning etc...

test-abb.jpg

I do not see a problem with this image....

does anyone else see anything abnormal.

( John- Thanks! )

Val appears to be having the exact problem that Bevel Heaven described. It is very obvious to me. It doesn't look like lens chromatic aberration (ie the chromatic aberration does not look like normal lens CA) from that one example. It may be simple flare, sensor smear (ie leaking of light from one photosite to another, possibly through the substrate) or very likely a processing artefact; or a combination of two or three. I'd want to investigate more...

Let's see some images of a variety of very bright shapes against large areas of darkness.

Best,
Helen

Most reactions

New Topics

Back