D3000 & external flash

peke

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am looking to get an external flash or 2 to help in taking hummingbird photos (according to what I have read an external flash helps). I am looking for a good flash and inexpensive. Some things I am looking for are needing to be able to manually adjust power when needed & high maximum power. I would like one for the camera and one for off camera use (doesn't need to be the same brand for both). Something easy for beginners to understand and compatible with the Nikon D3000. I am just starting out so it will be trial and error and the easier the better:lmao:
Any recommendations? Anything to stay away from? Any accessories that I will need to go with that?

Thanks for the help

I'd recommend the Nissin Di866... full wireless TTL and lots of power to go with it. Color menu, easy to use, full manual control when you want it and can be triggered with your D3000 off camera with a Nikon AS-15 PC adapter and sync cable, or from your on camera flash.

Thank you for the recommendation. I will check it out.
Keep the ideas coming:thumbup:

I am new also--I have the D3000--I just bought an SB600 and absolutely LOVE it! When I first got it I didnt really know how to use it--now that I do, I wouldn't be without it.

Thank you. The 600 was on my short list.:thumbup:

Most reactions

Back