D3000 + Nissin Di866

peke

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Tomorrow I am buying 2 second hand Di866 flashes for my Nikon D3000. I wanted to get better photos of hummingbirds and as I've read flashes are the way to go. I am nervous about this purchase especially not knowing how to use one. Is there anything else I need to buy in order to get them to work? Will it work on the camera without any other parts? Since I have never used an external flash I just hope I attach it right when I meet this person to try it out. What about using it off camera, what do I need to buy to do that?

Thanks

Thanks. When I saw this person was selling 2 I was excited because I wanted to use one on camera while the other was off. So for my D3000 I don't need anything other than the flashes to be able to do that? I hope to use them as soon as I get them. I just set the one as commander(on my camera) and the other goes near my subject and I just start taking pics? Of course using the right settings on my camera and the flashes.

That is correct, just make sure the groups/channels are setup right.

You're gonna love it, I wish I could find someone around here selling a couple - would love 2 more.

Thank you. I might need your advice again if I can't figure it out LOL I actually told my husband that if I cannot figure this out or its not giving me the photos I am looking for(hummingbirds)then I know someone on this site who would like them(for a price of course). :lol: He's happy to know that it won't be a waste and it won't be hard to sell if we have to.

Most reactions

Back