D3000 with Nikkon DX VR AF-P

Asnowdon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi.
I have recently bought a second hand D3000 Nikon. I've also bought a Nikon DX VR AF-P Nikkor 18-55mm 1:3.5 - 5.6G.
I am new to cameras and this is the first I've bought. But I cant manage to get the camera to change focus at all. I've tried it using auto focus, single servo af, continuous af and manual focus. The focus ring in manual doesn't change the focus at all. Every picture I've taken is just blurry. Is it something I'm doing or could it be a doggy camera/lens.
Any advice is appreciated
Thanks

Reactions: cgw
Hi.
I have recently bought a second hand D3000 Nikon. I've also bought a Nikon DX VR AF-P Nikkor 18-55mm 1:3.5 - 5.6G.
I am new to cameras and this is the first I've bought. But I cant manage to get the camera to change focus at all. I've tried it using auto focus, single servo af, continuous af and manual focus. The focus ring in manual doesn't change the focus at all. Every picture I've taken is just blurry. Is it something I'm doing or could it be a doggy camera/lens.
Thanks
Did you push the zoom release button on the side of the lens?

Hi.
Thanks

suggest to read the manual, it will cover a ton to which can at times be a simple fix and will let you know lens capability.

Noticed your lens is AF-P, the D3000 works with AF-S lenses. You can find the same lens with an internal motor (AF-S version) for like 50 bucks. This is the underlying issue with your setup.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back