D3200 to D750

I stepped up to the D750 from the D7000 and I really love it. The d7000 is still a really capable camera but naturally, it can't compare to the D750, you won't be disappointed with it.
If you have the cash, a D810 might be worth looking at. It is more specialized as a portrait and landscape camera where the D750 is more of an "all around" camera. Assuming the slightly lower fps on the D810 wouldn't be a problem with the dog photography, it is pretty much designed to excel in the areas of photography you stated you were interested in. Either one will serve you well.

It might also be worth holding onto the D3200. You probably won't get a great deal of money for it used and it's always a good idea to have a backup body.

Yeah i was looking at the D810 but it's a little out of my price range and would like a body upgrade sooner rather than later. i dont think keeping the D3200 will be a viable option as a backup to a D750 :) i expect i will keep the D750 as a backup when i do upgrade to the D8x0

Thanks for the link to Dx0Mark i like to take many comparisons from muliple sources before i buy some kit so this is a welcome addition for a source of information :)

Typically, i called Jessops uk's biggest camera store and they are out of stock of the D750 across the entire company because the last earthquake @ Japan!

Typically, i called Jessops uk's biggest camera store and they are out of stock of the D750 across the entire company because the last earthquake @ Japan!

Take a look at this mate, I always check this out. Click through to the shops and you may find that they have them in stock and cheaper than Jessops :)

Nikon D750 Camera Body Best UK Price - Compare Prices Here - UK Stock.

Thanks - all the shops on there are out of stock aswell... looks like a entire shortage across the uk!

Thanks but i would rather order from the uk encase there is a fault.

D7200.Price/image quality quotient is hard to ignore.

Hey Everyone, thanks for all the responses. i have the D750 now. really enjoying using it but there are ALOT more features than on the D3200! haha. im finding the FX format sensor alot easier to work with when it comes to animals.

This is one of the first pictures i took with the new camera, as a result this shelter animal has now been adopted & is on her way to a new home!

this was taken with the 35mm f/1.8 DX prime lense, personally i think it performs really well on the FX sensor....
espeon-2.jpg

Aperture
f/2.8
Camera NIKON D750
Focal Length 35mm
Shutter Speed
1/500s

if i was taking this again i would have possibly decreased aperture slightly maybe to 3.2/3.5, but overall im faily happy with the shot.

Last edited:
Congrats on the camera! You'll enjoy it. That's one of the few DX lenses that does work on FF decently. You can see the vignetting in the corners, which isn't really too bad.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back