D3s Tilt Shift w/ Large format bellows and a modified enlarger (Carnaval in Rio D.J.)

o hey tyler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Very cool. He did a great job making everything look like stopmotion (because that's basically what he was doing) and he captured some very cool events.

[video=vimeo;37157187]http://vimeo.com/37157187[/video]

The effect of tilt shift with the motion of the sea really works fantastically well! Videos like this are the kind of thing that makes one want to own and do some tiltshift photography!

is it just me or is the DOF a little distracting in some of these shots? I don't know anything about Tiltshift, is that what it is doing?

Beautiful place, great vid-- and for a change I like the music chosen by the artist.

is it just me or is the DOF a little distracting in some of these shots? I don't know anything about Tiltshift, is that what it is doing?

Beautiful place, great vid-- and for a change I like the music chosen by the artist.

That's what tilt-shift is. When used a certain way, it gives the effect of a miniature diorama/a small scale effect. It's as if you were getting up close with a macro lens on a detailed model of a town and not having a large DoF. In reality, he's using a fairly wide lens... It's just the way he's tilting and shifting the plane of focus that gives it the effect.

I agree, it's distracting in some shots, but most of the time I quite like what he's done with it. Tilt shift allows you to choose the angle of the plane of sharp focus, so instead of being parallel to the sensor, you can give it a steep tilt and exaggerate the effect of shallow DOF.

*Conversely, you can align the plane of focus with the scene you're shooting, enabling deep landscapes that are in focus from near to infinity at f/2.8 for example.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back