D40 help

Glass To The Arson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A friend of mine just bought a D40 and was wondering why after he takes a picture when it previews on the LCD the picture has what looks to be a noise level overlaying it? By a noise level I mean there is 4 red boxes with yellow 'noise' in them. He said when he first got the camera and took pictures it didn't have this but now it does. He has it on auto.

To use manual mode he'll have to look at the exposure meter in the viewfinder and change the aperture, shutter speed and ISO as appropriate. It will vary with the scene and the time of day he is shooting.

The first thing he needs to do is read the camera manual. If he doesn't have the users manual he can download it from Nikon by clicking here.

As he reads the manual and runs across something he doesn't understand he should google it or check out wikipedia and learn more about what he doesn't get.

He'll be making stunning images in no time. :thumbup:

Actually, a D40 has some semi-auto settings too: aperture priority (A) and shutter priority (S) on the mode dial.

There is a book and DVD series out there called Magic Lantern Guides. It is a camera manual written from shooting point of view and not just telling you "what something is". I'd strongly recommend purchasing it.
Good Luck.

Just messing around using auto after only having the camera for 15 minutes, whatcha think? Be easy =P

Not bad for having it in Auto. Did you change the ISO?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back