D500, A winner!

Bob Mevis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I received my D500 Friday, and I am impressed. What a joy it is to have a camera that focuses where it's supposed to and not 1-2 inches behind.
I like the ergonomics of it, the deeper grip is much appreciated by me. It took me about 15 minutes to get used to the layout of the buttons. I thought I would miss the older style of mode dial on the D7000, but not at all.
The first thing I did was set it up for BBF and then tried out my lenses, every one is spot on. What a surprise when I tested the Tamron 70-300mm that I didn't like before. It works much better on the D500. It hardly hunts for focus and it's much brighter on this camera, so I have a use for it after all.
The colors the D500 captures seem brighter and a bit more saturated which is something that I appreciate. After spending most of my adult life working as a Welder, my tired old eyes appreciate the saturation. Who knows, I might just develope some real Photography skills after all.
One thing I did discover, is that my hands are a little bit less steady than I thought, so I turned around and ordered a monopod. It's the Adorama brand, 3pod. It's a 4 section carbon fiber model. It has the short fold down legs and a pistol grip head, hopefully, it's a good one. My Manfrotto tripod has a pistol grip head and I like it better than a ball head.
Last night for the heck f it, when the house was dark to the point that I could barely see the center focus point, I walked around focusing on various objects and to my surprise, the camera nailed it almost every time. I'm glad now that I didn't buy the D850, for me, it would have been money wasted.

Bob

Most reactions

New Topics

Back